Chapter 30

“You are worthless! You golddigger! Why do you always run after wealth?! Why didn't you die along with your mother?!”

You woke up panting and covered in sweat. Your grandma was now chasing you in your nightmares as well.

Wiping your tears with both of your hands, you sat up against the headboard. You focused on trying to control your shaky breath.

Your grandma's hate towards you, was really getting the best of you. You didn't know why it mattered to you so much. When you clearly knew no matter what you did, you couldn't change the hate she had for you.

Hugging your knees close to your chest, you stared at the draped windows. Faint dawn brightness escaping from the corners of the curtains.

Turning towards the small clock on your side table, you saw that it was just 4 in the morning.

Resting your tired head on your knees, you closed your eyes and took a few deep breaths. Your eyes were extremely hot and swollen, probably because of all the crying.

You realized that you were still in your bathrobe. You must have fallen asleep without changing into your night clothes.

Athought crossed your mind. You stared at the soft fluffy duvet, scented with a light lavender scent.

You looked around the room filled with stuff you like. All the expensive clothes in the closet, bags, shoes, everything you could possibly need.

You lightly scoffed, but your face dropped again. ‘Am I really a gold digger?’ You thought.

‘Do I deserve all of this after I caused pain to all of my loved ones?’ You reminded yourself how you tore apart your aunt's perfect family.

You were the reason why Rin and your mom don't talk anymore. And the reason why your aunt and her husband constantly fought.

And now… you have managed to destroy her relationship with grandma, her mother.

“I'm so sorry.” You whispered as tears started falling down your cheeks. You had destroyed your aunt's life.

“I don't dare to live so comfortably after causing all of you so much pain. I deserve so much punishment.” You cried out.

Later
After waking up, Taehyung went to your room to check on you. He walked in to see the bed empty.

He knocked on the bathroom door a couple of times and no answer. He checked inside the bathroom which was found to be empty.

Slightly confused, he walked out of the room to see Mary. “Have you seen, y/n?”

Mary raised her eyebrows, “No, I was about to go and wake her up.”

“She isn't in her room.” He started getting tense but kept his cool.

He went downstairs to see maids plating the breakfast but still no sign of you. He started searching for you in every room of the mansion.

Just as he was walking around the hallway, through the huge window, he saw a figure outside in the garden.

His heart immediately calmed down. He rushed outside and walked towards you. He looked at you, standing in the damp cold grass barefooted.

You had no jacket on, just a bathrobe. You were squatting down, and looking at something on the grass.

Taehyung stood behind you and looked down at what you were doing. A small smile appeared on his lips when he noticed you brushing snow off of a small flower.