chapter 23

Next day <morning>

Taehyung looked down at your sleeping figure with a soft smile on his face. He gently brushed away hair from your face and bent down to kiss your cheeks. You slowly open your eyes and look at him with your half open eyes.

"Good morning, princess." He whispered while caressing your cheeks.

"Morning." You replied while stretching your arms out of the heavy blanket.

Your loose long sleeves were now gathered down to your elbows showing your smooth slender arms.

"Come on, it's time to get up." He said as he gently held both of your arms pulling you up towards him and you whined.

Making your arm around him as he pulled you closer feeling your warm body heat.

For Taehyung, this was something even his money couldn't buy so he made sure to cherish every bit of it. You lazily rested your face on his shoulder.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked while rubbing your back up and down and you nodded with your eyes shut. 

After some time, he caressed your head, "Let's have breakfast together." "Mmm." You whined more.

"Did you forget what day today is?" You finally opened your lazy eyes and took a long breath.

He smelled fresh. You looked at his clothes and he was wearing his office suit.

"You have work today?" You asked in panic.

"Yes." He softly smiled.

"But today is……" you said sadly. "Aren't you the boss? How come you have work on holiday?" You pouted.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. Something important came up. So, let's at least have breakfast together, okay?" His soft and loving voice made you nod your head.

After breakfast, Taehyung stood up from his seat and wore his coat. You stared at him, sadly, there was no way you could hide it.

"I'm leaving now. Your presents are under the tree. You can open them after finishing your food. Mary is making the food you wanted, for lunch so eat a lot, alright?" He said while buttoning his coat. You nodded. "Bye." He left.

"Finally the old man is gone." Jimin cheered from beside you. Meanwhile you just stared at your empty plate in silent. You really wanted to spend this day with him. Now you weren't even excited about the day anymore.

"Come on, let's open the presents." He said pulling you towards the tree. You sat down next to Jimin as he shuffled through the gifts.

"Let's see, for Y/n. For Y/n, Y/n. What the hell?! Where are my gifts?" Jimin shouted while passing you your gifts.

"Master Jimin, let me help you." Mr Smith offered to help him. While they were searching for his gift, you stared at the gifts in front of you.

You touched the golden ribbon on the box wrapped in pink paper, stared at the tag.
'For Y/n', someone had handwritten on it.

After a long time, Jimin finally managed to find his gifts and now Mr Smith had organized the gifts properly.

You stared at all the gifts in front of you and gulped nervously. Those were all for you? You thought. You were so sure that the gifts would overwhelm you. You hesitated.

On the other hand, Jimin immediately tore open his gifts. You slowly unraveled the ribbon then the perfectly wrapped paper...

'This is a live representation of two people who grew up in completely different surroundings.'
Mr Smith who was standing in back thought to himself.