chapter 21

Next morning

You woke up late and walked down while still sleepy.

"Good morning, Miss Y/n." An unknown voice said.

"Good morning." You said and walked passed him while still rubbing your tired eyes.

But you stopped midway when you realized you didn't recognize the voice. You turned around and saw an old man smiling warmly at you.

Suddenly Taehyung walked behind you and said, "Meet him, this is Mr Smith. He is one of the oldest butlers of our family. He will be taking care of you from now on."

"Me?" You asked.

Flashback (last night)

"Mr Smith, you were my father's most loyal servant. And we have worked together for many years. And even though you have retired from the job….., I want you to come back. I want you to take care of someone special."

Mr Smith, just gave a smile and replied, "Of course sir."

Back to present

"Nice to meet you, Miss Y/n."
Mr Smith slightly bent forward and offered a handshake. You stared at the new face and accepted his handshake.

He was old but still very fit. His white hair was slicked back neatly and had a well trimmed mustache.

He dressed tidily as well. He wore a bow tie and white gloves on his hands.
His shoes were shiny without a spot.

Lastly, he wore golden rimmed glasses on his nose bridge which made him look very professional. He was suitable to be the Kim family's butler.

Just then Jimin walked in with a wide yawn, "Good morning."

"Good morning, Master Jimin." Mr Smith replied with a smile.

Jimin sat down at the table and said, "Oh, Mr Smith, when did you come back. I thought you retired. Did Taehyung bring you back?"

"Yes." Mr Smith said while serving breakfast. Meanwhile you also sat down at the table.

"You must be so mad to be back here, right? You should be resting at this age." Jimin chuckled.

"Not at all. I'm very happy to be back. It was lonely after I retired. But it's very lively here. I'm always happy to work for the Kim family." He said while placing your food in front of you.

You just watched them quietly, everyone seemed to know him except you.

"And I'm happy to finally meet Miss Y/n." He smiled warmly at you.

After being done with breakfast, you were about to go to get in the car where Taehyung was waiting for you.

"Miss." It was Mr Smith. He took out something from his suit pocket and handed it to you.

You looked down at your hand and it was something wrapped in bright orange paper.

You looked up at him and he still had his bright smile on. He opened the wrapper and it was a piece of chocolate.

"I heard you like sweets. It's a premium chocolate, made with rich cocoa. I brought it from my trip to Europe."

Your eyes sparkled at the luxurious chocolate in your hand but you controlled yourself.

"I can't have this. I am not allowed to have sweets in the morning." You looked at the direction where Taehyung was, he was talking with DB.

"I will keep it a secret." He pressed his index finger on his lips.