Chapter 27

You were heading home after your extra classes. The sky was already dark blue.

The little shop lit the dark street. You walked with your eyes fixed on the ground.

Just then you saw purple blue lights reflecting on the ground. You lifted your head to see a small fish shop.

The shop had glass walls and many small aquariums stacked on top of each other.

The lighting inside the shop was dim purple making the atmosphere gloomy. You stared at the fishes swimming sadly in tiny spaces.

Suddenly a fish at the bottom right corner caught your attention. It was a silver white goldfish with a beautiful long tail.

It was sadly swimming in the corner of the aquarium. You couldn’t help but feel bad for the poor fish. They had to be confined to such small dirty tanks with no friends.

The shopkeeper was sitting lazily with a cigarette in his mouth and his eyes fixed on the small TV screen on his desk.

You looked back at the fish and now it was staring back at you through the glass as if asking you to help them.

You sighed tiredly before turning around and heading home.

A sharp noise of glass shattering made you open your eyes. Your eyes wandered, panicking for a few seconds.

But you quickly calmed down when you noticed the familiar shiny white marble floor.

The early morning sun rays were shining through the huge windows and landed on the clean floor.

A warm hand was on your back. You lifted your chin off of his shoulder and rested your cheeks on his chest.

You stared at the newspaper in his hand. A bitter sweet aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the dining area.

"Good morning again, princess."

A voice spoke from above you. You didn't bother to look as you already knew who it was.

Sometime earlier :

You lazily extended your arm to shut off the alarm clock. You felt someone's long hair on your face.

You turned to see Rose sleeping beside you. You sat up and squinted your eyes in confusion.

'But I said I wanted to sleep with- ' you got out of the bed a little annoyed and walked to his room.

But the room was empty, so you proceeded to go downstairs. There he was at the dining table with his mug of coffee and newspaper.

You walked towards him with a small pout and he welcomed you with his arms open. 

"Good morning, princess."

He was still teasing you with that nickname. You walked into his warm arms.

Present time :

Your eyes lazily followed the maids running around, trying to finish their morning chores.

"Can we keep a fish?" You mumbled. Taehyung slightly moved his eyebrows at that random question.

"A fish?" Out of a sudden? ’
He asked but there was no reply.

"What kind of fish do you want?" After some silence you replied.

"A silver goldfish." Taehyung slightly tilted his head in confusion.

'That's oddly specific.' He thought.

"Alright, we will get a silver goldfish." He answered. You smiled.