Prologue

~3rd person~

It was the end. The final battle, and yet, it couldn't have gone worse.

Percy Jackson fell to the ground, the cries of battle seeming distant and muted. He could feel the crimson, warm and sticky, seeping through the openings of his armor. He had no hope of living any longer, yet the awareness that his friends needed him kept him going...

till the end.

His vision was fuzzy and unfocused, as he came to face his opponent. It was destiny that had brought them all here today. Destiny that would kill many, and scar others for all eternity. It was now to his understanding that even The Fates could not be as cruel as to let his life be so twisted.

The man standing opposite Percy was virtually unscathed, as not one of his opponents had even been worth the time of taking out his sword. Instead, it had been a flick of the wrist that had killed so many before him.

Perhaps he was next?

Percy smirked to himself, as he took in the fact that he would die today. He hadn't lost his sanity, but rather his reason for living. Everything had been taken from him, and here he was, fighting for the world that had virtually shredded his soul.

The man only yards away smirked as well. "You sense now that its over. That you have lost." It didn't surprise Percy that the man knew what he was thinking. After all, as much as he would hate to admit it, he and the man were much the same. Their only difference would have probably been who or what they believed in. Opposites weren't as different as most thought.

Percy stood a bit straighter, as his hand drifted to the hilt of his sword. There was no point in hiding this movement, as they had already predicted each others moves. Each had already planned on using their swords.

Percy unsheathed his sword, the unearthly metal glinted wickedly in the light, as he held it in front of him. The man opposite him did the same.

"You will die Perseus Jackson. That is already clear to both of us." The man showed no effort of attempting to hide the ever creeping smile from his face. To him, this battle would only shorten the ever ending life span of his opponent. He already had the advantage.

Percy smirked once more, his eyes never leaving that of his opposite's. "I know. But let me promise you one thing." He adjusted his stance, as he prepared for the battle ahead.

"If I go, you're coming down with me."

And with that, he lunged.