Chapter 40

Shortly after messaging Vincenzo I had called him to ask about his plans. Turns out he has been invited to one of his manager's party. What kind of party he couldn't explain. Neither is Vince nor is Steph the party types but their COO was persistent and they were taking Kiara along too but since they are going there I thought of going for the Ganesh Utsav so here I am on my way to Bollywood styles which I found as the closest Indian wear boutique.

The boutique was not grand but as soon as I entered the fragrance of agarbatti made me take a deep breath. It reminded me of home.

"Welcome to Bollywood Styles how can I help you?" a girl dresses in full sequenced kurta and jeans came forward.

"I am looking out for a saree. Something simple with a stitched saree blouse because I really have no time to stitch one." I said.

"Any particular color?" She asked

"Not really"

After searching for sometime I got a gold one size fits all sequenced saree blouse. Now it was the hunt for a perfect saree. There were other customers too in the store so the girl along with me had to attend to others too. I found a lovely royal blue saree with gold border.

"That's all?" She asked "do you need any jewellery along?"

The blouse was a high neck so I don't think I need any neck piece. "No just the saree. Frankly it just for this one occasion." I said. I paid for my purchases and walked out with the bags. It was already lunch time and I had like an hour or so to be there for the arti so I was contemplating whether to return to the hotel and dress or what. I finally decided to go to the hotel and leave all unnecessary bags in there and head out.

I entered to an empty penthouse so the first thing I did was freshened up and fixed myself something to eat. Then was the challenge to dress up. It's not that I didn't know how to wear a saree it's just that I hadn't worn one for a long time. I dressed and put my hair up in a loose updo. I am not used to leaving my hair down.

As the car came to a halt I could see many people dressed in Indian attire entering the venue. These people knew one another so they were greeting and talking and I looked like a lost sheep. I entered and tried to spot Mrs. Singh or Priyanka in the crowd of people. I stared at my phone for a good two minutes when an aunt and a young boy approached me.

"New in L.A?" She tried putting on an American accent but failed miserably

"Actually just visiting L.A." I responded.

"OH you come all the way from India to visit L.A ?" She was getting inquisitive

"No I live I Texas"

"Texas nice place. This my son here Hriday, my heart" she introduced to the boy who seemed star struck. I knew exactly where this was leading to.

"Actually do you know where is Mrs. Singh?" I asked wanting to get away from this situation.

"Who Mrs. Singh?" She asked

"OH yeah sorry Nikhil Singh's family" I correct myself realizing that there can be more than one Mrs Singh here.

"Are you the one to be wedded to him?" She asked

"No" I replied and she actually exclaimed. She was pushing her son forward to talk to me

"Jee myself Hriday. I work in private firm here. Marketing department jee. Nikhil bhaiya company next building" he said forwarding his hand. I shook my hand awkwardly.