Chapter 43

"Don't let it show, don't let it show" I kept murmuring to myself as I went up the lift to the embassy office. But how can I hide the damn pain between my legs. The painkiller Vince gave didn't seem to do its job. Taking a deep breath as the elevator door opened I stepped out with short strides.

"Hey excuse me I had come a day prior regarding my work visa extension" I informed at the help desk to get further.

"Ok and have you filled the form?"

"Yes"

"Ok then take this token and wait to be called" she said handing me a small red coin with W12 written on it. The screen on the top displayed the numbers currently being engaged.

I waited patiently on one of the chairs. While waiting a even made a call to my office back in Texas informing them of yet another day in LA because of the embassy work. Yes I did get a bit firing for the amount of leaves I've been taking lately and have to report first thing tomorrow. I sighed while pocketing the phone only to see my number appearing on the screen.

I walked to counter 7

"Work Visa extension?" Questioned the formally dressed girl behind the counter.

"Yes" I replied.

"Can I get the reference number?"

"What number?" I asked confused.

"Ma'am after you filled form I-539 and submitted in documents a number will be sent to you via messages"

"OH right let me check" Saying I checked my phone to see the message that I must've ignored. And told her the number.

"Ok ma'am your file has been processed and cross checked. You'll get your work visa mailed to the address you've mentioned here." She said as I checked the screen infront of her counter for any mistakes.

"Alright" I said

"That's 370 USD" she told me "cash or card?"

"Card I replied not having that much cash on hand" I gave her my card to swipe.

...

On arriving back to our temporary staying I was greeted by the smell of herbs that was wafting through the air. I took a deep breath taking in all the fragrance. I quickly went to change because as a child its been drilled into me never to step in the kitchen morning without a bath and as soon as you enter the house. Making it quick I skipped back into the kitchen. Mama Morelli's cooking felt like home. There was salad, grilled prawns and what was giving the fragrance was freshly cooked hot steaming pasta with lots of cheese. As mama Morelli was removing yet another thing for the oven I digged my fingers in the pasta and picked one piece and placed it in my mouth. A piece of heaven and went for yet another but this time my hand was swatted I saw a very displeased looking mama Morelli. To which I gave her my best innocent smile.

"I now see where Kiara gets her habits. Like mother like daughter" she shakes her head smiling.

"But you love us mama Morelli" I say and pick another pasta piece and place in my mouth, licking my fingers coated with cheese and herbs.

"By the way where's my baby, Vince and Steph?" I asked noy sighting anyone at home.

"Kiara and Vince are gone for their daddy-daughter time and Steph is finishing last minute work in the head office" she stated carefully cutting the brownie into perfect squares.

"OH shoot!" How could I forget that? Mama Morelli gave me a weird stare?

"I totally forgot about it" I clarified to her.

"After the night you had I doubt you'd remember" Mama stated as a matter of fact. I looked at her dumbfounded. Like how did she know to which she only smirked.

....

...

We were on a commercial flight to Texas as the private one had been called for by Vince's aunt. Vince was carrying a fast asleep Kiara considering it was her nap time while I scrolled through his phone looking at today's pics. It was an hour wait before we board the flight.

"Surprisingly she's asleep after all the sugar you got her to eat" I commented looking at a photo of her with her hands dipped in chocolate.

"We worked the sugar out too" he commented.

"And how is that Mr.?" I asked buy was interrupted by an announcement

"Good day. Passengers of Flight T-34269 from Los Angeles to Houston Texas kindly proceed to gate 3. A request to give preferences to senior citizen and passengers with small children and those on wheelchair. Thank you."

The moment the announcement was made I stood up and looked back at them to see no one seems to be making any move.

"Vince comeon. The announcement has already been made" I said looking at the three of them.

"Tesoro you sit back here. There is time. Someone will come by to let us know alright."

I sat back and sighed. I will never be used to the vast difference in how each one is treated. And true to his word we were not only escorted to the plane but also off the plane into Vince's waiting vehicle. Kiara who had woken up during the flight could stop talking about her lunch and how much she loved and enjoyed everything. I listened every word she said and the smile never left my face. The purity they had in their relationship. It's like the father daughter relationship in fairytale.

...

"Hey my munchkin. You missed me?" Adriano greeted Kiara forgetting all the others that entered along with her.

"Na ah" Kiara replied with a cute nod

"I'm wounded" he acted like he would cry any moment but she gave him a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

"Oo brother Mr. Diaz is here" to which Vince nodded and headed to his office and I went into the room. It was almost nearing night and I have work tomorrow. It's not that I hate my job. I love being a cop each case seems exciting. What I hate is all the paperwork that follows. And I seem to be doing that the most. I am eager for the day I'll be promoted to detective. Plus I need to find a gift for Vince whose birthday is less than a week's time. Something special.

.....

What special gift could she give him?

Give your suggestions and sorry for the short filler update.

Thank you for your lovely views and votes. Every vote adds a smile to my boring life. Continue showing your love and voting. Love you guys.