Chapter 5

BANG!

I Reload my Glock take aim at the target arms straight out left hand below the gun, right index on the trigger and shoot and repeat the same procedure till i finish all six bullets, keeping the Glock down, i switch on the focus light, remove the glasses and walk forward to check the target to see how many hit at what range. Smirking at my near perfect aim I walk out

"Hey i was looking out for you" Harry says to me

"Oh! i was at the target practice, sharpening my skills" I reply with a smile

"Great. There is supposedly a new mission and" Harry was explaining to me about the upcoming mission when one of my collogues come running up to us

"Hey your phone's been going crazy for some time" she states panting

I see my phone in her hand for it to ring yet again. 

Taking my phone from her hand  "Hey Harry just give me a minute" I excuse myself to pick the call.

"Yes tell me" I respond straight to point, no hi, no hello

....

"What do you mean you lost her and where the hell did you people go?"

...

"Ok now stop panicking and just send me your location and I'll be there soon."

Cutting the call "Harry I'm so sorry" without further explanation I sprint out.

...

"Where is she?" This shouldn't be happening

"I am sorry I brought her out to the park." She seems on the verge of crying

"I told you not to take her out without me for heaven's sake." My Patience running thin, I mean come one she just lost my daughter when i told her to take care, I mean couldn't she just manage her job for a week. Oh God now I really miss Mrs. Smith who is gone near her son for a visit. This nanny isn't doing a great job.

"Ok now just go around and inquire among people" i dismiss her. No time to deal with her now.

It crowded around this part of the state. Play ground, mall, company offices all in this center. i frantically ask passerby's showing her photo from my phone.

"Excuse me have you seen this girl?" please God help me find her.

"No sorry". These were the only responses I seemed to be getting and each passing second was only increasing my heartbeat. I really don't know what came over me but i crossed the street and walked into the mall to see if she ran in there. I mean she's a three year old and they work on instincts not thinking rationally. My first question was to the security stationed at the entrance.

"Excuse me have you seen this girl." by now my eyesight was blurry with the unshed tears. I may be strong but such situations scare me.

"Oh yes ma'am that little girl is currently at the food court". 

"Thank you" was the only thing I got to say before turning and making my way to the food court running up the escalator to the sixth floor as per directions where the food court of the mall is. I managed to reach slightly out of breath. Looking around the mall trying to spot a small girl among this sophisticated crowd. This mall had all top brands stores hence most of the rich people shop here and an occasional set of teenagers who come window shopping. I suddenly feel a pair of arms behind my knees taking me by surprise and making me turn only to sigh with relief to see my princess. wiping away the tears that stained my face i fall on my knees to match her level.