Chapter 4

"Ok, why the hell have you such a shocked expression" saying so Will snatches the card from my hand and clears his throat.

"You're reading a note not performing you dumbass" Kassie says with a duh tone.

"Ok so here is it goes Baby girl"

"OOOOO" Kassie hoots

"You want me to continue or not?" Will asks irritated at the interuption

"Go ahead" Kassie replies grinning

"Baby Girl, you were amazing at your job by keeping the cover. All the best for your future missions. hope you liked the flowers." On completing reading he hands me back the card.

"Did someone just burst your cover" Harry asks equally schoked as me.

"Nobody knew of me and baby girl let me recollect who called me that"

"Adhya someone literally burst your cover" Will replies snapping our of his temporary trance.

"I know, just trying to recollect who called me baby girl. O yeah Mr. Giordano" remembering the first day interaction with him.

"You mean the Mr. Vincenzo Giordano?" Harry tries confirming stressing on the. I know he has a big name around here, I mean owner of multimillion bucks company and shares in many businesses shocker for anyone that he interacted with me.

"Yes I mean the Mr. Vincenzo Giordano. He was there on my first day in that college and ." I don't get to continue because my phone rings. I show them the caller ID. "How do i explain do these people like pick up and say hello I'm not coming to college anymore or I was just a cop on mission."

"Just pick up and figure out yourself" Harry instructs.

I right swipe to answer the call "Hi Laura"

....

"Girl I'm totally fine. Its just that I won't be in college for sometime some emergency."

Kassie raises her eyebrows looking at me and after a few exchanges i cut the call. "oh come on they knew me like just for four days, they'll forget."

Harry budges in "ok chop chop back to work we've got a case to close" saying so we all scramble to get our jobs done.

The day involved was less field work and more of filing and bye the end of my work time i bid everyone my goodbye and home's calling. My life's changed a lot from the time I moved to Texas. I mean i lived in a bigger house back in India but I have more freedom now. It was a struggle, from living in a women's shelter to finding out I was pregnant, moving into a run down apartment with little income as the cashier in a shop to now a proper apartment and a well paying job. Totally thankful for everything. Reminiscing all this i finally reach to the building that houses my apartment. Park my baby in the parking and walk my way upstairs to the fifth floor and ring the bell. To be opened by an overly excited hug. 

"Mommy Mommy". i bend down and pick my baby in my arms.

"Did my princess have a wonderful day?" she nods her head like the little angel she is

"And did you trouble granny her"

"No mommy, I was a good girl" but I know my daughter very well, she can be a handful.

Mrs. Smith comes out with a casserole.

"Adhya this is for dinner"

"Mrs. Smith you already help me out so much by taking care of my princess. everyday preparing for me dinner is really not required." This lady infront of me has been my biggest help since moving in here. I mean who will take the trouble of a two year old with any blood relations.

"You helps keep our streets safe, this is the least I could do and it also gets me time with my baby girl here." Mrs. Smith is a retired teacher who lives with her only son who is currently studying in another state hence she's alone most of the time. As i was conversing my princess nuzzles her face in the crook of my neck and that means she's tired.

"Is my princess tired?" i coo

"Hmmm" that's the only reply i get which confirms

"Ok lets have dinner and get you to bed"

"hmmm" that's my cue to leave

"Thank you again Mrs. Smith and good night" saying so i give her a kiss on her cheek and leave with my princess cradled in one arm and a casserole in the other. as i was walking away i remembered something and turn back "oh yeah" Mrs. Smith who was shutting her door hears me and opens it back "I'm off tomorrow"

"ok no problem" saying so she shuts the door and i walk to my apartment on the sixth floor.

On reaching my apartment its a struggle with a kid and casserole to get the keys.

"Princess will you please stand down so that mommy can open the door" she quickly scrambles down and as soon as i open the door pushes her way into the living room screaming and jumping infront of the television

"Mommy peppa pig", pointing to the television set "peppa pig please" oh those puppy dog eyes

I keep the casserole on the kitchen counter and turn to see her still jumping infront of the television

"Weren't you just sleepy missy?" keeping my hands on my hip for emphasis

"Pwetty please mommy" yup she still can't pronounce her r sounds

"Ok but first lets get you cleaned up" As in time for bath

"Na ahhh na na" She sing while nodding her head. She can be a total drama queen.

"Ok then, no peppa pig" My one sentence and she sprinted her way to the bathroom leaving me to laugh at her antics. I give her a bath with lots of baby talk and stories that she makes up put her to watch television and proceed to have a shower myself. Washing away all the day's tiredness and bad. Under the shower is actually the only time i get to think just like i was thinking about the flowers and note, I mean how did he find out about my job and everything? when i was wiping my hair with the towel in the room.

"MOMMY" I abandon my towel on the bed and sprint to see why she screamed.

"What's wrong princess" only to find her still glued to the television and giggling

"Mommy hungwy"

"You didn't have to scream like that princess" to which she only gives me a mischievous grin.

"Come lets fill that tummy of yours" I switch off the tv and carry her to the dinning table. I mean good manners right to eat at the table and not infront of the tv. we say our graces and i serve her the casserole. Mrs. Smith gave us her signature cheese and chicken lasagna. How sweet, i just love this lady.

Post our dinner we watched frozen, yes her favorite Disney movie and bed time which was the most challenging part of taking care of her. I mean which kids has so much energy in them even till 12 at night. I read her stories, sang for her still she keeps peeping behind her closed eyes

"You know mommy loves you princess"

"Kiawa loves you to mommy" she replies so sweetly

"But now you are making mommy angry" she pouts but its literally been an hour I've been trying to put her to sleep yet to no avail. "Come on close those eyes of yours and off to dreamland you go". I sing to her a lullaby which lulls her to sleep and I cuddle in besides her on our king sized bed looking forward to a full day with my princess tomorrow.