Chapter 41

I was nervous, completely. Never experienced this kind of feeling even on big missions. I'm finally doing something for myself. Vince is taking me on a date here in Los Angeles. This is the third time I wore this very same top and somehow it doesn't sit well. I didn't carry many clothes here to L.A. just a few pairs of tops and jeans and I already spent yesterday on a saree. I relooked at my three options the bodycon green top with lond sleeves. The floral blue one with straps and white one I was currently wearing which was off shoulder which ended right at my waist. This went well with the blue jeans I was wearing so did the other two. I lifted the other two tops in each of my hand and put it against my body and thought just as I was thinking there was a knock on the door.

"You ready?" It was Vincenzo dressed in white button down shirt blue dress pant and suit. He was formally dressed and here I was in jeans and top.

"Are we going to some place very formal?" great timing to ask such a question. I chided myself but Vince sensed my thoughts and removed his suit chucking it on the bed.

"You look perfect" he walked towards me and laid a kiss on my forehead. Everytime he compliments I cheeks heat up.

"Ummm. Give me a minute" I said picking up the lipstick and applying it followed by kajal.

"Done" I stated and walked towards the door after picking up my hand bag.

As we walked towards the entrance Kiara appeared infront of us with her hands on her hip and a pout on her face.

"Where going without Kiara?" Vince picked her up

"Dada is taking mumma out for dinner"

"But I also want to come" she said with glossy eyes. Tightening her hold on Vince's neck.

"Next time?" he asked to which she nodded her head negatively.

He then looked at my face to see what I would say but I was only looking at the entire situation in amusement. It's almost a year with her and he is still prone to her glossy eyes and puppy face. But who am I to speak it took me years to overcome that face.

"Ok come I'll dress you up. We'll go for dinner" I said without the thought that somehow as a mother I'm failing to give her the attention she needs. She quickly pounced in my arms and I gave her kisses all over her face.

"My monkey" she giggled and I got my reward.

"But monkey you can't ditch your uncle like this. We were supposed to go for bubblegum ice-cream together." Came a sad voice. Steph stood with an expression that mirrored her previous one but didn't suit him even one bit with his body and personality. Kiara looked between him and me with confusion. Her bottom lip jutted out.

"Princess you go with uncle Steph today for ice-cream and tomorrow daddy-daughter will go for a special date." Vince said holding her hands and making her face him.

"Ahmm" she asks nodding

"Yes princess"

After lots of convincing and snooping out when she was distracted here we are in a private room in an extremely high end restaurant. My walk to here from the entrance was awkward. While everyone was dressed like they were attending a wedding I was in semi-formals. But that thing wasn't bothering me as much as what I'm planning to do.

"What will you have sir-madam?" a waiter inquired.

"Get us a Romanee-conti" and he signaled him to leave.

"What's on your mind tesoro? You look lost." I fumbled, was I so obvious?

"Ahh nothing" to which he raised his left eyebrow?