Chapter 6

"Welcome to my humble abode" ok I am embarrassed first he had to climb all the way six floors since the lift wasn't functioning with a sleeping Kiara in his arms who was persistent to carry even though I told him that I can carry my own daughter and my home currently is a mess. Toys strewn all across the apartment, scribbles and colorful palms on the wall. 

"Sorry this all just so messy" my embarrassment clearly visible in my voice.

"This is actually very homely" did he just say that? I step forward to take Kiara and put her to sleep but the hold she had around his neck was tight.

"Just show me where to lay her down" No ways the clothes' all over the place in the room, Na ah not possible.

"Please let me do it. You've already done way to much for me."  

I rub her back cooing her "hey princess let's get you to bed. Come baby." That just does the trick and turns in a sleepy way with her arms out towards me. At that I heard Mr. Vincenzo chuckle at her antics.

"Can you please give me a minute? I'll put her into bed" My daughter comes first obviously no matter how hot a man is standing in my house at the moment.

"Sure" at just that reply i turn to the room day and open it shutting it behind me after. I manage to get her coat off her, the gloves and her socks, letting her be in the clothes she was thinking to change her into her PJ's later on. I remove my coat and toss it on the chair present in the room.

Untying my hair letting it out loose. A tight bun throughout the day can be very painful but my job requires me to do so. It's convenient that way. 

"You look beautiful with your hair loose" I see Mr. Vincenzo still standing at the entryway in all his glory and next to his feet is the teddy bear that was purchased earlier today by the Giordano brothers. When did that come?

"Silly of me please. Please have a seat Mr. Vincenzo" scrambling i remove all the dolls and toys and the bedsheet that was on the sofa to make place for him to sit.

"Please call me only Vincenzo adding mr. to it makes it only sound very formal and we aren't business partners here." he says sitting on the sofa. His mere presence makes my one bedroom flat feel so small.

"Sure. Would you like to have anything? water, tea, coffee? I would've offered you dinner but I haven't prepared anything yet." Yup my whole day went either in work or looking for my runaway daughter. I have only leftovers from yesterday but serving him that is not the best idea. 

"No Problem at all." I take a sit infront of him and for a few seconds its an awkward silence as he types away on his phone and I have no clue what to speak.

Clearing my throat to gain his attention "Hmmm you really shouldn't have bought the teddy bear. Its.."

"Hey its really no big deal and plus that little girl kind of grew on us." he says cutting me.

"So its nearly Christmas and you don't have any decorations up." he says looking around my house. Oh yeah Christmas one of the biggest celebrations here. 

"Oh I and mean we don't celebrate Christmas. I am a Hindu so Christmas isn't really our thing so the holiday is just me and my daughter having fun." I love any time I get to spend with my princess.

"No family?" Touchy subject Mr. Giordano

"Back in India. What about you? I mean I've only seen your brothers and the news also have only about them and you" I try to change the conversation from me to him.

"My parents died some years back and no other family in America but definitely in Italy from where we originally are." I mentally face palmed myself for being so stupid to ask the question.

"I'm so sorry." Mine are at least alive even tough are relations have been estranged.

As we were making light conversations the door bell rings. I excuse myself and go to see who decided to visit so late at night. Only to find a burly man dressed in full black just like the ones Vincenzo has as his guards with a packet in his hands. He gives that to me without saying a word and leaves.

"Excuse me what is this?" I try calling him back.

"Baby girl get that in" Vincenzo says

I shut the door to see him standing just behind me. This man's a ghost. I mean I am a trained officer yet I didn't hear him come behind me. He takes the bags from me and goes to the Kitchen. Oh shit he bought dinner.

"Vince, Oh God you didn't have to do that" How much favors will this man really do for me. I mean yeah he's a multimillionaire but he is still a complete stranger..

He smiles in response and continues setting bowls. My kitchen is well organized as in contrast to the rest of the house so it isn't a quest finding anything there.

"At least let me serve" He doesn't even allow me to that. I see that he has ordered Carbonara and garlic bread.

"I don't know what you like so I took the liberty to order

"You've already done so much I really don't know how to thank you.

"You can thank me by joining me and my brothers for Christmas day. We can show you how we celebrate it" I eyes widen at his weird request.

"I really don't wanna impose."

"Nonsense in fact I will be really glad if you can join us."

"Thank you for the invite but"

"Please I insist" he doesn't allow further protest. One thing I have definitely learnt from him, this man knows how to get what he wants. We eat in silence and the food i must say is so good that I end up moaning with the burst of cheesy flavors in my mouth.

"Baby Girl please don't make those sounds" his eyes from light grey have turned darker shade.

"I really must get going" He says standing up and buttoning his suit.

"Ok" Did I do something wrong or probably he must leave I mean how long can he be here. His brothers might be waiting up for him.

I escort him to the door and leaves but turns before completely exiting.

"And baby girl my driver will come pick you up and Kiara on Christmas morning." saying so he exists the door. I shut the door and groan. Great now I have to go shopping for gifts for boys with no clue what to but for someone who probably has everything they ever want.