Chapter 3

Yet another bright and sunny day. I park my mission rs in the parking lot and swing my leg across to one side and continue to sit on it. This bike is one more baby of mine I love dearly. I look around to see not much people in sight and nobody close to me. Unlocking my phone I press 3 on speed dialer.

"Hello, Good Morning"

......

"Checking in today, day four and still not much progress. Got people selling cheap weed but none of the hard stuff" my voice sounds very disappointed. It seems like I'm terrible failing my mission.

.....

"All cool and smooth flowing"

....

"No just a few suspicions here and there which I'm trying to clear off. Anything from the profiles I sent you?"

...

"Going back to this mundane life, see you later in the day." saying so I end the call and slip my phone into the jeans pocket i wore today and shrug of the jacket and carry it over my arms swinging my bag on the shoulders that was hanging on the bike handles. I stride towards my locker to start my day with the façade on. 

"Hey Ady" leaning on my locker were Laura, Jackson and her other friends whom she introduced to me as Samuel, Trisha and Helen who warmed up to me soon.

"Hey Laura, Hey guys" I greet them.

"This is for you" Trisha hands me a Starbucks cup.

"Please tell me it is a strong coffee. I really need one". I ask hopefully.

She snickers but nods her head positively. I have learnt a few qualities of these people and Trisha is extremely sweet and innocent, and Samuel is equally dirty- minded, well Helen isss Helen, unique piece with her outrageously loud colors and Jackson and Laura are the so called lovey-dovey couple. These group has kind of grown on me.

" Ok come lets head to class" Saying so the conversations cease and everyone walks their own way. Laura slings her hand over my shoulder while I sip in their bliss of caffeine feeling the rush in my system. Life is kind of more slower and relaxed here but I am used to the rush. 

Classes well went well besides the boring lectures and the daily gossips and here I am walking to the silent corridors to the cafeteria. Why silent? Coz all the noise makers will already be in the cafeteria and me being me stepped into the library to read the newspaper. Just then I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. Well when a phones buzzes you gotta pick it up.

Answering the call "Hey there, two calls in a day, that's kind of unexpected".

......

Sensing the urgency in the voice " Ok I'll be there soon" after cutting the call I put a quick message to Laura informing her that i will be gone for the day. Running towards my bike I mount it and speed off towards my destination.

Entering the huge building where everyone is busy working, sorting files, I greet all those I get on the way with a curt nod or a smile and hello.

"Hey Adhya, you've got to check this out." my colleague comes rushing towards me.

"What's it Harry?" Harry is my senior and and the one assisting me through this little undercover we did.

"The interrogation room, come with me". saying so we rush towards the interrogation area to see through the one sided mirror.

"He is shit scared and missing a couple of fingers from his right hand" Harry informs me.

"This was the man working in the cafeteria, yes that's him". I say recognizing his face from the first two days i saw him.

"He confessed to the gang activities and their attempt to sell drugs in the college, saying that the young adults are easy buyers. He wants to be imprisoned and is scared to be let out and gave us all the information required including their tie with the previous robberies and murders which led us in to all of this."

"Does this mean case closed?" I ask hopefully because all of this terror has been tiring. 

"Yes, since he hasn't asked to see any lawyer and is surrendering and plus at this moment we have another team gone to burst and arrest the other gang which means we are free" Harry replies "and we can finally go party."

"Go to your family Harry, they've been missing quality time with you." Harry loves partying but loves his family even more. At 56 he still looks as handsome as ever.

"But I still can't understand what made this guy surrender?" I voice my concern

"I'm telling you this is related to the Mafia, I've got a whiff that this area is their base" William buts in, he is yet another colleague who was all this time busy on his phone probably flirting with his latest flings.

Harry with an irritated look "Oh cut the crap about this mafia, its been years since they've been wiped out of here and plus there doesn't seem to be any illegal activities going on, no suspicious business at night, nothing, nada. You are only obsessed with them will."

William with a deflated look "I am so sure they are there around".

"If you're so called mafia are anywhere around then they are definitely good at their cover up." I reply  with a chuckle.

"I heard Adhya is back."  I turn around to see Kassie literally bouncing in rubbing both her hands together "Oo there's my girl."

"Hi, Kassie good to see you too." I hug her and mind you her hugs are damn tight.

"So tell me any gossip, latest boyfriend, did you manage to band someone in the janitor's closest" and there's the girl i missed. I turn around to see Will and Harry giving me a grin and decided to get little naughty. It's allowed ryt. I mean we are cops doesn't always mean we have to put on a stern face.

"Yes, made a new boyfriend." hardly did I say the sentence I saw her face brighten up.

"Really? What's his name? How does he look?" Ok that sounds desperate.

"Just Kidding. No time for such things. Happily a single mom to my baby girl." Yup just burst her bubble, poor girl the face she made.

"Just because you are a single-mom doesn't mean you can't date Hot Mommy." Kassie snaps back.

"Excuse me there a bouquet and letter for officer Adhya". The attendant came in with a bouquet of white lilies.

"Wow flowers!" Kassie takes it from his hand. That's one excited kid I shake my head and took the letter from my hand, come on that's supposed to be for me right. Opening and reading it only leaves me dumbstruck or rather shocked faced.

A big thank you to @LaisaDebbarma3 and @malikah142. Means a lot to me