Prologue

I opened my eyes to the blinding lights present in the room fluttering my eyes to get the image cleared, that's exactly when i heard it the low beeping sound from near my bedside and everything hit me like a truck. Waking up instantly with a jerk I started to feel my stomach only to get stinging pain in the lower abdominal area. Trying to recollect what happened last to me in a panic I tried to press the nurse button.

"Hold on there tigress"

I turned towards the door to see who said it. A nurse walked in with with a wrapped up bundle in her arms.

"Is that?" No words seemed to escape my mouth. Even the two words which I spoke came out so hoarse. The waterworks started.

" Exactly who you think it is." the nurse replied with an ever so radiant smile. She walked to me and gently placed the bundle in my hands while also reaching out for the glass of water.

"You fainted on the road I guess due to stress and exhaustion hence we had to do an immediate C-Section but your baby here is a fighter. Even at 8 months you have a very healthy baby girl."

"I got an Angel" I said laying many soft kisses on her face.

"Sorry to interrupt you but we've been trying to reach out to your family."

"There isn't any family just me and my baby girl."

"I am sorry".

"Don't be. I could never ask for more.

"I'll give you some time with your daughter, while I go fetch the doctor and prepare other formalities." Saying so she exits the room.

"Hey baby girl. Mommy's here. Mommy loves you so much my world. Kiara, you are my ray of sunshine. Mommy promises to give you the best of life and no harm to ever come your way." The baby in her arms starts to wail.

"Please don't cry." Seeing the baby cry tears yet again start to pool in my eyes.

"Hey, hey no need to cry along with the baby. She is only hungry." A young male male doctor enters the room with a clipboard. "I'm dr. Derek. Dr. Lilian is busy with another operation hence I'm here to update you on your situation. You'll have to feed her or she'll continue to wail." Sensing my hesitation the intern doctor instructs me on how to feed the baby and helps cover with a blanket while taking a seat near the bed. 

"As you've been already informed you had an emergency c-section but all's well now. your future children can be born through normal delivery as we have taken all the precautions. Now since it was an operation you will have to be here for at least 2 days. Any questions?"

"None at all. Thank you so much".

***

"Welcome to my world princess Kiara. Sorry this is the best mommy could afford for now." She did not stay in the best part of town but that was the best she could afford at the moment with her low income as a cashier at a general store. But she never left hope and continued struggling for a better future for her small world. After all she knew running half way across the world with only little jewelry that she pawned to start a new life and escape the clutches of the old miserable life to discover that she had a baby too to take care of would be difficult. But she was ready to take that difficult path. Anything was better than the life she previously had.