Surprise Guest

The moment I saw him, there was no doubt in my mind that it was him. It was the guy from that night. Nicole knew it too because she immediately looked at me. This is just my luck. The guy that I meet in the muggle world happens to be a wizard.  Every single girl's attention was on him. He walked in with his head down, and I could have sworn that he had a smirk on his face. 

"May I have everyone's attention please," Dumbledore spoke. "We have a new student! Will everyone put their hands together for Mattheo Riddle." 

Mattheo Riddle, so that's his name. Dumbledore then placed the sorting hat onto his curly, brown hair. It didn't even hesitate for a moment before yelling: "SLYTHERIN".

He looks at the Slytherin table, and he made eye contact with me (of course). Out of every single girl in Slytherin, who's dying for him to even look in their direction, and he makes eye contact with me. After dinner, I thought about hiding out in my dorm, but since he's in Slytherin, I didn't want a single chance of seeing him in the common room. I went to the other place that I spent a lot of my time, the library. I walked in and took a seat at one of the back tables and started reading my new book. I borrowed this one from my sister.

"The Tempest?"

I turned around, and none other than the killer himself was sitting at the table behind me. He was also reading one of Shakespeare's books

He walked over keeping the book up to his face. Which I have to admit, made him look even more attractive somehow. He took a seat across from me at my table. 

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Although you already asked a question, I guess another one won't hurt," he said, with a chuckle.

"Okay, smartass," I said, rolling my eyes. "All jokes aside, why did you do it?'

"Why did I do what?" he asked. He didn't even look up from his book.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe why you killed that guy."

"He wasn't a good person."

"So, you just kill anyone who's not a good person? Everyone would be dead!" I told him. Thank God the library was empty other than us and the librarian who was all the way across the room. 

"Listen, you don't know what you're talking about, so maybe you shouldn't talk aout it," he said. He had finally looked up from his book, but there was hostility in his voice.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just trying to understand this whole situation," I said, not meeting his eyes.

"I saved you from getting kidnapped. Why can't you just say thank you, and leave it." he growled.

"Sorry, thank you," I quickly said. 

Looking down, he replied, "Look, it's fine. You just don't understand, and I can't explain it to you."

"Sorry I even brought it up"

"Who wouldn't bring it up? I can't say I blame you. You watched me kill somebody!"

I didn't say anything, so he changed the topic. "I never actually got your name."

"Oh, I'm Y/n. Y/n Granger!"

"Well Ms.Granger, I'm Mattheo. Mattheo Riddle."

"Well, Theo, I have some reading to do." I figured I'd lighten the mood.

"Theo, huh? I kinda like it,"

I smiled. "Good, cause you're stuck with it!"

We didn't talk much after that. We read until the library closed. 

Once it closed, Theo and I walked back to the Slytherin Common Room and read on the couch. 

Who would think that the guy that I saw kill a person and I would be on a couch together, reading.