Fine Line between Love and Hate

As I walked out of the office, all of my friends were there. Hermione stood up the moment she saw me and ran over to give me a hug. 

"What happened? Is everything ok? What punishment did you get? Did you get expelled? Please tell me you didn't get expelled? SPEAK WOMEN! SPEAK!" Hermione screamed.

"If you would give me a chance, I would," I chuckled, "Nothing crazy happen. Yes, everything's fine.  Surprisingly, I didn't get a punishment. So, if you couldn't tell already, I didn't get expelled."

"Wait... What?" Mione asked, shocked.

"Mr. Riddle said it wasn't my fault, and it sounded like it was Mattheo's fault," I explained.

"Is that all he said?" Nicole asked.

No. 

"Yea. That was pretty much the whole conversation," I lied. I didn't want to lie, but I was finally in a good place with my friends. I just got Nicole back. It was like the old days, and I wasn't going to ruin it with something that probably isn't even true.

"Awesome!" my friends agreed.  As they walked out the door, I stayed put.

"Is he still unconscious?" I, hesitantly, asked.

"Sadly, no..." Nicole said, suspiciously, "Why do you ask?"

"No reason!" I shrugged.

As I was about to walk out the door, Luna pulled me back.

"It's ok," Luna smiled.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled, nervously.

"It's ok that you still like him!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied.

"Y/N, it's fine! People can be absolutely horrible to you, but you can't change your feelings in a day. The girls may not understand that, but I do! You can talk to me," Luna said, hugging me.

I opened my mouth, but before anything could come out: 

"What's taking you so long! We have places to be," Mia groaned.

"Coming," we yelled, together.

"Alright, well, breakfast is almost over, so let's eat before classes!" Hermione said, already walking away.

We all split up to our separate tables and rushed to finish a plate of food in less than 5 minutes.  I was almost finished with my bacon (A/N: sorry if you don't eat bacon) when my sister grabbed my arm and practically threw me out of the Great Hall.  Students were scurrying along the halls trying to make it to class in time. Hermione was dragging me through the halls when I remembered what class I was going to. 

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I can't go in there!" 

"Why?" my sister asked, but realization soon hit her. "Oh... I bet he won't even be there. You did break his nose, so they're probably keeping him for a little while. Just to recover."

"Madam Pomfrey can fix a break like that easily!" I argued.

"Yea, but you just got out of a meeting with his dad."

"So?" I asked.

"What kind of a father wouldn't visit his son? I bet they're talking right now! So, can we go?" my sister basically begged.

"Yea, I guess," I said, hesitantly.

We ran to class and almost didn't make it in time.

"You're late!" Snape shouted.