The Proposal

When I woke up, I was still underneath Mattheo's arm! He had it snaked around my waist in a protective manner it seemed. It didn't matter what was going on around me; if I'm in his arms, I feel safe.

Nobody else had awoken yet, so I grabbed my phone and began to read on a reading app ;). 

It took about an hour and a half for everyone to wake up. 

"Who's ready for breakfast?!" Draco practically howled.

There was a scatter of cheers for his statement.

We all made our way downstairs and quickly saw that Lucius, Narcissa, and Tom were already there.

"Pleasure to see you all," Lucius huffed. I'm almost positive I saw Narcissa kick him as I was sitting down.

"Morning," we all groaned. 

"We will all be going out for a while," Narcissa calmly stated, "I believe that you can all stay here on your own without a problem, correct?"

"Of course, we can, mother," Draco assured her. Nicole nodded her head aggressively. 

"Wonderful!" Narcissa exclaimed as she clapped her hands together.

"Wow. It's so wonderful that they can act mature and stay home alone," Lucius mumbled, sarcastically, adding an extra dramatic eye roll.

It wasn't long before all of the adults left.

We were all chilling in the living room when there was a loud knock on the door.  We all exchanged confused glances.

"I'll go see who that is," Draco stated.

"I'll go with you," Mattheo suggested.

They opened the door and were greeted by a scarred and scowling face.

"Where is Tom Riddle?" the guy threatened.

"He's not here right now? Can I help you?" Mattheo asked.

"You're his son... You just got engaged, right? Pretty girl you got," he winked.

"Leave her out of this," Mattheo spat.

"Well, if I can't kick your dad's ass, yours will have to do."

"What's going on?" I asked, walking into the entrance area.

"Go, y/n!" Mattheo growled.

"Hey, pretty lady. You could do so much better than this guy! Come on home with me sweetheart, and you can have anything you're pretty heart desire," the guy flirted, "But, first I have to take care of your dead beet boyfriend."

"I said leave her out of this!" Mattheo said, lunging at him. 

The guy got in a few good hits, but Mattheo managed to get him into a headlock.

"Also, it's fiance not boyfriend," I chimed in.

"Mattheo!" Draco called, tossing him something.

"I would stand back, y/n," Mattheo advised.

I took a few steps back, and Mattheo plunged a knife into the guys neck. 

I heard footsteps coming towards us. I ran to the hallway between the entrance and living room.

"I promise you don't want to see that!" I said, making everyone go back down the hallway.

After about a half an hour, Mattheo and Draco came back into the room.

"Can I talk to you, y/n?" Mattheo asked. I quickly followed him into the library away from everyone.

"Do they know?" he asked.

"No; I didn't want to worry anybody," I replied, not meeting his eyes.

"Are you ok?"

"Did you have to kill him?" I questioned.

"Yes. It's part of the job. And, you might have to see more of it."

"You don't have to kill anybody! I don't want to kill anyone!"

"I do, princess! I'm sorry, but I do. As for you, you will never have to hurt anybody because I'm going to keep you far away from this stuff no matter what lengths I have to go through," Mattheo assured.

"Seeing you do that scares me!"

"You don't think I'd ever hurt you, do you?"

"Not on purpose. What if one day you snap? You won't mean to hurt me, but you just will!" 

"Why would you think that? When have I ever gave you a reason to doubt me? I have never laid a hand on you, and I never will! You and I both know that I would do anything to protect you! You are my everything! You are my world! There. Are you happy? I admitted it; you're my everything, and if I lose you, I lose it all," Mattheo cried.

"What?" I said,  shocked.

"I'm not supposed to love, and I never thought I would be able to. My dad told me that love was overrated. I promised him and myself that I would never fall in love, but then, you came along."

"I love you, too" 

"I know you do, but you're going to have to get used to this kind of thing. I know you don't want to, and I don't want you to. If you don't want to, I'm not going to force you to stay. You can leave and pretend that nothing ever happened between us, but if you want to stay, just know that I will do anything and everything to make sure that you're safe. Nothing will come before you," Mattheo promised. 

"Now, what do you say..." Mattheo started.

He got down on one knee and pulled out a velvet box. 

"Y/n Granger, will you make me the luckiest man alive, and marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! A million times yes!"

He placed a beautiful ring on my finger and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

All because of a Murder (Mattheo Riddle+ Y/n)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें