Partners, Potions, and Quidditch

"Your friend doesn't seem to like me very much," Theo said as he glanced over to Nicole.

"That was the girl I was on the phone with the night we met," I whispered back to him.

"To be fair, I wouldn't like me very much either," he answered, shrugging his shoulders.

I explained everything about this morning. 

"I find it a little funny that on the same day that she tells you to stay away from me, we become partners," he said, laughing quietly.

"You're not wrong," I smiled.

"So, she's worried that you're gonna date me, huh?" he said, smirking.

"Oh, shut up!" 

"So, does that mean I'm your type?"  

"What is that supposed to mean?"  

"No one knows someone's type better than their friends. She wouldn't have been worried about you dating me if I wasn't your type," he said, still smirking.

"Is that smirk like permanently attached or something?" I sneered.

"Trying to change the subject, are we?" he said, with a quiet chuckle.

Before I got a chance to reply to Theo, Snape interrupted, "To prove that everyone's paying attention, Mr. Riddle please answer a question for us."

"Alright," he said. This wasn't going to end well. I know for a fact that Theo wasn't paying attention. 

"What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape said, with a matter-of-fact voice.

"Well, sir. You would get a sleeping potion that's so powerful that it's called the Draught of Living Death," Theo answered.

Snape looked shocked. "Correct, Mr. Riddle. 15 points to Slytherin," Snape grumbled.

After 10 more minutes of Mattheo and I not listening, Snape dismissed the class.

The rest of the day was normal. Boring!!! At least in potions, Theo kept me from boredom. 

Once all the classes were done, I quickly changed into my quidditch uniform and headed out to the quidditch field.  I was a few minutes early. Over the next 5 minutes, people started to file in. 

"Okay. Now that everyone is here, I have an announcement," Draco started. "We have a new player."

I don't think I have to say who the new player is.

"Long time, no see," Mattheo whispered into my ear.

"Are you stalking me or something?" I whisper with a laugh.

"You know it, princess."

We both laughed, but right as Draco said to get in line, I realized. PRINCESS!?

We practiced drills, plays, and aim. We had a game against Hufflepuff this weekend. Even though we all knew we would win, Draco took this seriously. He didn't care who we were playing, he always took it VERY seriously. 

Practice ran late, so the moment that practice was over, it was time to change and go to the Great Hall.

All the girls came over to meet me (Luna, Mione, Mia, and Nicole), and Nicole did NOT look very happy. They sat down with me at the Slytherin table.

"OMG!!! My baby bird is getting a man!!!" Mia exclaimed. Nicole and Mia were the queens of boys, partying, and anything like that. They were social people. Meanwhile, I wasn't.

"I hope he loves you just as much as the Nargles love my shoes!" Luna said with the most adorable smile.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"I saw you and that new boy! He's totally into you!" Mione said in a sing-song voice.

"Theo? No way!" I shook my head.

"So, you're calling him Theo now?" Nicole said. Everyone could hear the hostility in her voice.

"Are you into him or something, Nickie?" Mia said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Whatever! I have to go. Remember what I said earlier, Y/N." Nicole growled. She stood up and walked out of the Great Hall.

"What does she mean by that?" Mione asked.

"I have no idea," I lied.

"We better get going. Snape's staring straight at us. Talk to you guys later," Luna said.

We all waved goodbye. I looked over in the direction of Theo thinking about what the girls had said. He was already looking over at me with a smirk. It was like he knew exactly what we're talking about. I swear, it's like he can read minds or something.