Deadly Dinner

So, I just learned that everything that I thought was real was a lie. Snape's not my dad. Mione and I aren't fighting. Everything came out good. Except for the marriage.

"Wanna come over for the weekend?" Nicole asked.

"Sure," we all hesitantly agreed. Nicole didn't really like having people over since her dad was kinda... Hateful.

"The Riddle's are coming, and I can't deal with them alone," she begged.

It had been a few days since I woke up. Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let me leave until today. She wanted to make sure I was "stable". I can't think of one time I was mentally stable, but that's not the point. 

After a few hours, it was time for the 'Deadly Dinner'. 

"Ready, ladies?" Nicole asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Mia answered leaving the rest of us with a quick nod.

(At the Malfoy Manor)

Nicole reached for the doorknob, but before turning it, she took a deep breath.

Click

"I refuse to marry her!" A voice screamed. 

"You will marry her, Draco! You're enough of a disappointment as it is. It's bad enough having you waltzing around, but you will NOT tarnish our family name," Lucius yelled.

"What's going on?!" Nicole intervened.

"Nicole! Glad to see you," Lucius said, then took a glance at us. "You didn't tell me you were inviting friends for the evening..."

"Everyone is already in the dining room. Shall we?" he added.

We all walked into the dining room to see, not only the Riddle's but, the Parkinson's.

"Welcome to the shit show," Nicole whispered.

We all quickly took a seat.

"Hello, ladies!" Narcissa smiled.

"Lovely to see you again," Mr. Riddle added.

When we first started the dinner, no one dared to say a word, but the silence was broken too soon. 

"So, what do you guys think about your friends getting married?" Mrs. Parkinson asked.

"Friends? As in plural?" Hermione asked.

"Nicole is marrying Mattheo, and Draco and Pansy are getting married, as well."

"Oh..." Hermione's face dropped. "It's just wonderful," she spat.

"It's very exciting, indeed," Mia chimed in.

"Lovely," Luna added.

I stayed quiet.

"What about you, darling? Y/N, isn't it?" Mrs. Parkinson asked.

"Well, my opinion never stopped anything else, so what's the point of saying it?" I spat.

"I beg your pardon?!" 

"Take a look around, lady! No one here wants this except you guys. The money and power-seeking parents. None of you care about your kids. You care about yourselves!" I yelled.

Silence filled the room once again.

"Draco..." Hermione started, "I might be pregnant."

"That's not where I thought my speech was going to lead, but ok!?" 

Everyone turned on each other at that moment in time. Screaming and crying. No one could hear what the other was saying. Then, it hit me. I started to have a panic attack. I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was trapped, and in a way I was.

The first one to notice was Mattheo. He stood up so abruptly that his chair tipped over. He ran to my side of the table. He turned me to face him and covered my ears. Then, he pulled me into a hug leaving my head to rest on his shoulder. 

"Chaos!  I like it. You didn't have to put on a show for me! I'm flattered!" a mysterious girl said, entering the dining room.

"Briar!?" Mr. Riddle and Mattheo said at the same time.

Here we go again. More silence. I was finally starting to calm down.

"I couldn't miss my brother's wedding could I?" Briar said. She took a glance at me and ran up to me.  "Move brother! You must be the wife to be! You're better than I imagined. I imagined some stuck-up bitch who was only marrying him for money and power! You're the complete opposite."

I opened my mouth to protest, but no words came out.

"I'm proud of you, dad!" Briar stated.

"For what?"

"Letting Mattheo marry for love."

"Bri... I'm not marrying her," Mattheo said.

"What?"

"I have to marry Nicole." Mattheo looked at the floor.

She looked straight at Mr. Riddle without blinking one, "The wedding is off!"

"The wedding is off," Mr. Riddle repeated. 

"What just happened?" I asked.

"I called off the wedding," Briar shrugged.

"How?" I asked.

"Did Mattheo forget to mention my powers?" Briar asked.

"Mattheo forgot to mention you," I replied. 

"Well, I think I can safely say that dinner is over!" Lucius interrupted. 

"Let's talk outside!" Briar said, taking my arm.

When we were outside, she started talking immediately.

"So, Mattheo never told you that he had a sister?"

"No, but it wasn't brought up."

"I see. About what you saw in there, Mattheo and I were each born with an extra set of powers. I was born with the power of mind control. I can make you do anything I want you to. I don't use it often, but now that I'm back, I might have to use it a bit more," Briar said, adding a wink.

"What about Mattheo's powers?"

"He can read minds. Didn't he tell you?"

"Apparently he doesn't tell me as much as I thought!"

"Well, I got your back! He obviously likes you, and I'm not quitting until my ship sails!"