Hide

When she opened her eyes she was disappointed to see she wasn't back at Severus's bedside where she had left from. She was in her own chamber. The clock chimed 8. Thank goodness the tea that Zarinyx gave her had rid her of her fatigue. At this point the lack of sleep she had was worse than her residency in the ER.

She was worried about Severus. She needed to see him, needed to make sure he was ok. She needed to tell him everything that happened with Myrtle and Zarinyx , most importantly Ben's attack. He had to know she hadn't chosen to leave him. She would have stayed by his side given the choice. She hid the small bag of Zarinyx's scale in her pocket, touched her neck to make sure the necklace was still there and left her rooms. She would try his chambers first.

The walk to his door was uneventful for which she was grateful. She had not forgotten about the attack on her mind and was determined to have Severus teach her to protect herself. It was irritating wondering if he had read her mind. She was sure he had at times and it made her cheeks flush with embarrassment and anger. Not fair to be playing a game she didn't know she had been a part of.

She forced herself to let go of her anger on her walk. No sense approaching him angry. He wouldn't respond well to that and she needed him. The words meant more than she was willing to admit.

Knocking on his door she waited impatiently for him to answer. Knock again. Nothing. Knock again. Nothing. Either he was there and not answering, or it was 8 am, maybe he was in his office? It was not far from his chambers so she decided to head there next.

When she arrived, the door to his office was open. She walked inside expecting him to be sitting at his desk but it was empty.

Should she wait? She wanted to. It was comforting being around items that were his. His office said so much about the man. Walking around she touched different things. Everything so neat and orderly, controlled, just like the man himself. Ink, quill and parchment within easy reach of his chair. Graded Verita serum papers ready to be given back to the students. His neat little letters next to areas he wanted to add comments to the student. Several potion bottles and a half written list, which looked like inventory. Nothing personable about the desk or the contents sitting upon it. His chair was a thick rich burgundy leather, some wear noted at the heavy wooden arms. She pulled the chair out and sat down in it. It was a comfortable chair and she was glad that he at least gave himself that much when working at his desk. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, smelling the Severus smell of Sage, and old paper. She sighed, she loved that smell.

She heard the voices before she saw anyone. It was coming from behind the bookshelf. As soon as she noted it, the book shelf began to slide. Not knowing what else to do she slid from the chair to the space under the large desk. She had just enough time to pull his chair back in place which added extra cover.

The bookshelf rotated to reveal a secret door between his potions classroom and his office. She made out Severus's stride first. He entered his office and stood at the front of the desk leaning against it. Next walked in a lighter gait, the click of heels easily distinguished the steps as a womans.

She walked in and stood a few feet in front of Severus.

"Colloportus." His voice dry as he said the spell to shut the office door and then the book shelf.

The woman began to speak. "Severus pleas..." but before she could finish her sentence he hushed her. Again a swish of his arm and the spell, "Secreto Silentium."

"Wise Severus, Thank you. One never knows who could be listening."

If she only knew Enyd thought. What was Severus doing with a woman in his office whose conversation he needed to cast a secrecy spell on? Jealousy reared it's ugly head and she knew she wouldn't be able to hide under here if there was something romantic happening. Please don't let their be anything romantic, please don't let there be anything romantic ...her mantra interrupted by the woman's voice.