Talk To Him

Niall's POV:

"How was school baby?"

"Fine."

"Did you make any friends?"

"Nope." I said quickly walking up the stairs and closing the door to my room.

The rest of the week at school was ok. It was getting a little annoying because we actually had to start learning stuff.

A Week Later

I got to school late I missed most of 1st period.Oh well. 2nd period went by slow. I tried to take a quick morning nap but.... um...... harry kept trying to talk to me.

"Hey!"

"Hi." I said with my head still on the desk and my eyes closed.

"You never answered my question." He spoke a bit hesitant. I didn't know what he was talking about so I remained quite.

"Why are you 16 in 9th grade?"

I opened me eyes. "Why are you so determined to talk to me?" I asked louder than I planned to. The smile on his face immediately faded and he blushed a little, out of embarrassment I guess. Ugh, I felt bad. "Sorry" I half meant it. We sat there in silence for 5 minutes.

"I failed" I finally spoke. He turned to me but didn't say anything. I guessed he didn't know if I was talking to him or not.

"I failed twice." His face brightened up and then felt."Oh"

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry for bothering you, I won't anymore." He turned his head away from me.Ugh he's really trying to make me feel bad, isn't he?

"It's fine, you were just curious" I said forcing a smile on my face. "yeah" He smiled back.

----------------------------------------

At lunch I had made a new friend, Liam. He was also in my 3rd and 7th period. "Hey" I said sitting down beside him at the lunch table. "Hi Niall" he said taking a seat next to me.

"How has your day been?"

"Shit." I smirked

""Oh."

"What about yours?" I asked barely interested.

"Cool. I met this girl last period."

"what does she look like?"

"Oh my gosh. She's hot. She's got long curly brown and blonde hair, and the most beautiful eyes and her nose, it's the cutest thing-"

"OK" Jeez, I'm sure this girl he just met was not the great.

"Someone's bitter." he said glaring at me.

"What are you talking about?" I really had no idea. He thought I was bitter, am not.

"Do you like anybody Niall?"

"No, everyone in this school is shit." It was true. I didn't like anybody. Come to think of it, I never had interest in that way for anyone. anyone.

"*cough* bitter *cough cough*"

"Oh, shut up I am not bitter! I just don't like anybody, really!" I sound desperate for him to believe me. Why was I desperate for him to believe me?

"um hm, sure." I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, just when I was about to get out of hearing distance he called my name.

"NIALL?!"