Party

Niall's POV:

"Hey"

"Hey" I said walking into Liam's house. It was so big! I mean my house was a decent size but this, it's like walking into a mansion. Everything was clean and neatly placed.

"You have a beautiful home Ms. Payne." I said sweetly when I walked past the kitchen and saw her cooking and preparing for Liam's party.

"Thank you" She smiled at me.

"You wanna go outback?" Liam asked me pretty much already out the door.

"Sure." I said.

He had a huge underground pool from three feet to ten feet deep and a three door gas grill, and nicely placed tile beneath the grill.

All of the grass was green and well taken care of. And in the very very far right corner there was a watermelon garden.

"Your mom grows watermelons?"

"Me and my mom." He said with a smile.

"Oh, that's cool."

"Yeah, my dad taught me and my mom how to grow and maintain them before he passed." Liam said, his mood downing a bit.

"Oh, I'm sorry ... lets change the subject.... um-"

"NO, no, it's fine I was little."

"OK." I said half smiling, not sure what to say.

"He was shot..." his lips quivered a bit and I gasped.

"Oh, why? Who shot him? For what-" i said my mind wondering with questions. He cut me off.

"He was a lawyer, you know, he dealt with gang related people and when he didnt get someone in a gang out of jail, they took it offensive .....and took my dads life."

"Oh my gosh, that's really horrible, I'm really sorry." I said.

"Don't be it's fine..... really" He turned away from my eyes and spotted the grill on the left of me.

"How do you think we can afford such a nice house and all this nice stuff, my dad made lots of money and left everything for my mom and I" he paused and shook his head.

"You wanna go inside, it's kinda hot out here." I nodded followed him into the house and into a large room.

We sat in his room and talk for a couple of hours. He was such a cool guy, we shared some of our dark secret with each other. I told him what had happened with my dad and why I was living with my mom. We could've sat on his bed forever and keep the conversation going

------------------------------------------

Ding, Dong

I heard the door bell ring but Liam just continued talking about his dad. I peered at the clock on his dresser, it was 7:05, he told me the party was suppose to start at seven.

"Uh, Liam" He stopped talking and looked at me. I guess he hadn't heard the doorbell.

"Someone's at the door" i said

"Oh! Really?!" he jumped up off the bed excitedly. I header him welcome in whoever was at the door. I slowly made my way to go see who it was.

Just a couple of randoms, well to them I was the random. I took a seat on the couch in the living room and turned on the TV. More people we're arriving, the noise grew louder inside the house. I flipped through the channels for about an hour. I didn't realize how long  I was sitting there till Liam called me that it was time to sing happy birthday and open presents.