Chapter # 18 "The Trap"

Author's P.O.V

Carolyn smirked, pulling the water bottle to herself after it was emptied completely on angry Cynthia.

" You had a little dirty spot on your face so I washed it away " Carolyn cockily replied as Cynthia coldly looked at Carolyn. She stood up in the speed of light, scaring Carolyn as she stood right in front of her face.

" Now listen here and listen very carefully. I never had anything against you but now you just waged war that even you yourself wouldn't be able to avoid " Cynthia said as she stepped even closer to Carolyn, sending a cold shiver down Carolyn's spine. Cynthia grabbed her bag and rushed out of the classroom with one last deadly glare at Carolyn.

" You really can't keep your bitchy self to yourself, can you? " Issac replied as he rolled his eyes at the girl who used to be his girlfriend.

" You have no right to say that to me now " Carolyn replied as she sat back in her chair, her hands still shaking from the glare Cynthia sent her way.

" Remember your words " Issac said and stood up, walking out of the class and as soon as he did, the teacher walked inside.

~ Cynthia's P.O.V

" I swear, this bitch " I whispered to myself as I wiped my hair with a tissue, boiling with anger. I never knew that she could go to this extremes when she is jealous. Girls really are scary when they're jealous about their man. Thinking about that, I wonder where did all the cockiness went from Issac's behavior. He never seemed the type to say sorry even if it was really his fault, maybe his brain's damaged.

" It sure is a hectic day " I said to myself again, a really bad habit I inherited from my late dad, knowing that through my brother. Jason told me my father used to talk to himself too so I guess at least there is a little bit of him left in me. I placed everything inside and opened the door slightly to see if there were any teachers roaming around. I sighed in relief when there was no one and hurried to the back of the building. Fortunately, it wasn't far from the restroom so I made it there sooner than I expected. I quickly made my way to the small wall and climbed out of the school, not wanting to stay inside there anymore.

" Well, that was easy " I congratulated myself, smiling widely as I realized I would be able to finally get some time away from this stressful building. I started stretching my body when I caught a glimpse of Suzanne's hair from the corner of my eyes. I turned to the side and saw her being dragged in a small alley. I frowned and slowly walked towards it, not wanting anything bad to happen to Suzanne.

" I-I ca-n't d-do this " Suzanne stuttered to someone as I made my way closer to peek at the scene as I saw her whole body trembling.

" I'm not asking you to kill her, damn it " My eyes went wide as I saw Noah in front of Suzanne, trying to get her to do something for him.

" B-but she's my f-friend " Suzanne argued back and that was when my curiosity grew, who exactly were they talking about? What were they talking about? Why were they talking so secretively? So many questions ran through my head only to be answered by Suzanne herself.

" A friend who keeps stealing you away from me, you know I don't want that " Noah said as my blood boiled and I knew that was enough cue for me to step in. I walked towards them without them even noticing. I grabbed Noah by his sleeve and turned him around, slapping him as his eyes went wide.

" You piece of jerk, leave her the fuck alone " I screamed at him as I hid her behind me while Noah wiped the blood off of his lips, I didn't knew I hit him that hard.

" Wrong move, little girl " Noah said as I kept glaring at him, not backing off from a fight if he put up one.

" Cynthia, stop, you leave, I'll meet you at the school " Suzanne whispered in my ears but I shook my head, refusing to leave my friend behind.

" Love is not supposed to be forced on anyone, it comes naturally and she doesn't love you. Let that sink in " I spoke again as I saw the color of Noah's eyes change and it went from angry to evil in milliseconds. To say I wasn't scared would be a lie but I refuse to let this guy intimidate me.

" As long as you're powerful, anything can be yours " Noah said as I saw some man coming out from behind him as I widened my eyes. There's no way he's planning to do what I think he's going to do. I turned around and stopped in my tracks when I saw two guys standing behind us with knives in their hands.

" Look, you don't have to get violent, we can sort things out " I said, not wanting Suzanne to get hurt since it won't be a problem for me if I get hurt.

" That time is long gone, little girl " Noah said as he walked closer to me and I held Suzanne closer to me from behind, holding her hand tightly.

" It would be such a waste to skin that beautiful face of yours " My insides quivered when I heard him talking about me skinning out my face.

" Do you guys wanna have some fun before I ruin that pretty face of hers? " Noah asked his guys as I widened my eyes even wider and for the very first time in my life, I wished my brother was with me. The guys nodded as my breathe hitched in my throat, fearing for what will happen next. This can't happen, I still have so many things to do, I can't die a filthy death like this, I refuse to die like this. I was about to run away when I heard a familiar voice speak from behind us. 

" What do you think you're doing? "