Chapter # 2 "Luck"

Cynthia Mason's P.O.V

I stood there frozen, not able to move a muscle, I came back to my senses when someone closed the curtain of that window. I wanted to go and help, I wanted to do something at least, but I was weak, I have always been weak, how can I not stop it!!? 'Cynthia, relax, calm down, I'll go tomorrow and will try to make sure I saw right', my subconsciousness told me. I went towards my bed again but with a zombie body now, my mind was blank just like that time. I laid down and closed my eyes and tried to sleep again which was hard. After a while, my eyes finally went heavy and I started closing my eyes and soon, I dozed off.

~ In The Morning

I woke up by the sun shining directly over my face as I groaned, not liking the sunlight at all. I looked at the time as my eyes went wide at the time.

"Oh shit" I yelled unknowingly, I quickly stood up but sat again when I felt a little dizzy. When it stopped, I stood up and went to the washroom to wash my face since there ain't any equipment for me to take a shower with. I got out and put my hairs in a messy bun, walking over to my suitcase and took out my outfit and wore it. I picked up my wallet and went out to the store, when once, I reached there, I walked out and went inside with a cart.

~After the shopping

I went towards the counter as the girl started scanning the items. I was looking around when my eyes fell on a poster for a job, I walked towards it and picked one up. This store needed a worker and so I walked with it towards the counter and showed it to the girl behind the counter.

"Are they still appointing the workers?"

"Yes, why? You want that job?" She asked with a hint of excitement in her voice, she was my age and maybe that's why she was excited. I nodded and she started jumping as I smiled a little bit at her reaction.

"So, how do I get this?"

"You're gonna need to apply with your resume, I'll also recommend you if you'd like. Also, the shift is for the evening, is it okay with you?" She asked with a pout and I nodded, not finding it contrary to what I wanted.

"Ah yes, It's okay" I said and smiled at her, she nodded her head and continued working with a huge grin on her face while I smiled at her reaction. She was done so I picked up my things and was about to walk out when she stopped me, I turned around with a confused look.

"Let's exchange phone numbers so you can send me the resume and I'll recommend you to the boss"

"Ah! okay" We both then exchanged numbers to contact when necessary as I walked out towards my car.I was driving back home when my phone rang, and I looked at the caller ID as a smile crept up on my face, I stopped my car aside and picked up the phone.

"Hey, babe" Here comes my boyfriend's husky deep voice. Frank Walsh, the one and only love of mine.

"Hey"

"So, what are you up to?"

"Driving my car back to my house"

"Oh, I actually wanted to ask if you're free this evening?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I wanted to meet up with you"

"Oh, sure, where?"

"At a cafe then to a bar, how does that sound? "

"Perfect but the treat's on you" I stated and we both laughed, we've been in a relationship for almost a year now and I love being with him.