Chapter # 9 "The Flashback"

Cynthia's P.O.V

"So, as we can see, the results were in front of ya'll" Andrew said and I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked again as I continued to listen to him.

"The winner of the race is......... no one" As soon as he said that, my eyes widened as I looked at him confusingly, wondering if he made a mistake. I looked at Issac who was smirking to himself, did he knew that?. To proof the results, someone came to us and showed us the recording and indeed was it a draw.

"So, for the first time in history, there was a draw between two legends, let's all hope we get to see these kind of races even more" Andrew said and put down the mic and walked downstairs. I turned towards the now smirking Issac, rolling my eyes.

"Be glad, I wasn't rough on you" I told him, glaring him directly in the eye and walked away towards mac who was trying so hard to muffle his laugh at which I rolled my eyes.

"You can laugh" I said while smacking his head and just after that, I heard his fit of laughter. I went towards my car and was about to sit when mac spoke up while clearing his tears off.

"Can.. You... Drop me at.... my home?" He said still in between his laughter as I glared at him after which he shut his mouth and I mentally thanked the god.

"But how did you came here then?" I asked him raising my eyebrow at him in a questioning manner.

"Oh my friend dropped me here and went away sooo-"

"I'm left to drop you back home" I said and chuckled as I gestured him to sit inside as he smile widely.

"Oh hell yes" He exclaimed and sat inside while I inserted the key in the ignition and roared the engine to life and drove out while showing my middle finger to Issac when I saw him.

"You're crazy, Cindy" He said as I flashed a smile towards him with a wink, knowing that it's probably true.

"Guide me" I said and he started giving me directions towards his house with me following his lead. After probably 10 minutes of driving, we reached our destination and I stopped the car right in front of his house or more like a mansion.

"You live here?" I asked him gaping at how huge this mansion was and how he acted like he wasn't rich or something.

"Uhh... Yeah" He said and chuckled nervously and just then, that shooting pain in my head came once again as a memory started playing itself once again.

~ Flashback

"Where are we going pa?" She asked as she sucked the lollipop in her little hand while holding her pa's hand from other hand tightly as they made their way to the beautiful huge house in front of them.

"To make our life much better" Her dad said as he smiled her way, wanting nothing but to give his little girl a beautiful life. Just when they entered the house, the sound of a gunshot went off.

End of The Flashback

I again started to breathe heavily trying to calm my racing heart down as I ignored the screams of mac telling me to stop crying. My stupid tears continuously flowed down, refusing to stop sooner.

"I-i'm fi-ne, yo-u can g-o n-now" I stuttered out because of the huge lump in my throat and also that I didn't wanted him to see me like this.

"You're not fine, Cindy, come inside and have some rest" He said as I widened my eyes at the thought of going inside so I quickly shook my head, gulping down the lump.

"No, please, just go away, I know how to control myself" I said in one breathe and gave him a serious look at which he hesitantly nodded, stepped out and walked away. I quickly regained my breathe and drove away before I look at that mansion again.

I went inside my apartment and sighed when I flopped on the bed, and just then the tears started flowing down like a river as I continued to cry once again to ease my mind. After an hour of crying, I got up and went to take shower and after that I slept.

~ The Next Day

I parked my car and walked through the hallways of my school, I was putting the books back into the locker when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Suzanne.

"Ah, Hi" I said and smiled her way since we didn't met after our first meet up and she looked a bit more comfortable now.

"Hi, so how are y-you?" She stuttered and I smiled even more at her cuteness, knowing everything's probably new to her.

"First, you relax, I won't bite you, okay? So be comfortable around me and say whatever you want" I told her and gave her an encouraging look. She smiled and nodded as I turned around once again to put the books in the locker.

"And yeah, I'm fine, what about you?" I asked her while putting the books in the locker, waiting for her to reply.

"I'm fine too, I just wanted to ask can we hangout after classes?" She asked and when I turned around, I saw her looking down being nervous probably.

"Of course" I said and chuckled but then widened my eyes again as I realized that now I had a job.

"Oh my god, No No, I can't" I said and looked at her now confused face, wondering if she did something wrong, at least that's what her eyes told me.

"Why?" She asked with pleading eyes.

"Actua-"

"Haww, Isn't this a shame? Turning down your friend's request just like that without even any reason" And here comes the person I honestly didn't wanted to see today so I rolled my eyes at her, Carolyn Jeffrey.

"And look at you, always poking her mouth in other's business" I gave her a taunt which she didn't quite understood, judging by the look on her face so I smirked once again.

"It's poking nose, not mouth" She said folding her arms over her chest and I smiled innocently at her while batting my eye-lashes at her.

"No, that's for us, I put mouth in there for you since you can't keep your mouth to yourself" I told her and smirked as I held Suzanne's hand and dragged her away with me while also bumping my shoulder with her's purposely. She fell down as I chuckled and left from there ignoring her screams.

"I wish I was strong like you" I heard Suzanne from behind me and I stopped and turned around to look at her with confused expression.

"What do you m-" Just when I was about to complete my sentence, someone took her hand and dragged her away with him. I widened my eyes and quickly trailed behind them and took Suzanne's hand back and snatched her away to me.

"Who are you and why are you taking her away?" I asked and just when I asked, he turned around as I widened my eyes at who he was.

He can't be...

~
A/N

What do you guys think?

How was today's chapter?

Who was he?

Why was he taking her away?

Why is Carolyn always rude to her?

Until next time,
With much love❤❤
Bye❤