Chapter 21 "Brewing Friendship"

Author's P.O.V

"Woah, okay, that's new" Issac spoke from behind Cynthia, startling every bone present in her body.

"You have got to stop doing this shit" Cynthia turned around and spoke to him and before she could register her surroundings or anything else, she was pulled behind a wall, and trapped by Issac Winchester.

"What the heck, man" Cynthia pushed him off of herself and crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the abominably huge guy in front of her.

"Noah was about to spot you, dumbass" Issac flicked his finger on her forehead, making her eyebrows to furrow even further.

"Okay, and?" Cynthia asked, raising one of her eyebrows, and this time, Issac was the one wondering why he initiated befriending a dumb woman.

"Are you born dumb or doing this on purpose to get on my nerves? Which you successfully did" Issac sarcastically remarked and Cynthia rolled her eyes.

"Look, if Noah is Suzanne's forceful boyfriend, how come Destiny's smooching off of him? He really is a fucker" Cynthia peeked from the wall and finally saw the couple apart from each other for at least a second.

"And she, both" Issac pointed out to which Cynthia reluctantly agreed.

"Should we follow them, what say you?" Issac asked, raising both his eyebrows like an excited little kid to which Cynthia chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, contemplating his offer.

"You know what? Let's do this, you're too much of an overthinker" Issac grabbed her hand and for a second, Cynthia's stomach flipped up, making her feel what she thought she was never capable of feeling. Goosebumps rose over both their bodies as if a soft electric shock just hit both of them. Issac led her to his car once Noah's left and they, without wasting a second more, made their way after them.

"I still find it hard to believe why you would stalk your own friend" Cynthia points out a very obvious question that has been running in her mind since the moment he came to save her and Suzanne from Noah.

"He's not my friend, we might be the jocks, but we're really not that close. He's a rich arrogant man that I fucking hate with all of me" Issac was oddly calm stating the fact that came crashing like a mountain on Cynthia. She had her eyes wide, trying hard to comprehend the news that Issac Winchester, the hot jerk, of the school just shared with her.

"Yeah, I don't get you guys, one moment you seem like brothers, and the other, you're ready to sell the other in the cheapest auction available" Cynthia gave her honest opinions to which Issac raised his eyebrows and took a right turn, following Noah's car from a safe distance.

"Well, you're stalking your friend too, I could ask you the same question" Issac smartly replied as Cynthia smirked, realizing Issac wasn't much of the dumbass she thought he was.

"You know, only for Suzanne, I just want to understand how someone could willingly be with Noah. It just doesn't make sense to me" Cynthia threw her hands in the air, frustrated to never be able to really answer the question. The car comes to a halt and Cynthia finds both of them getting off at a Starbucks.

"Since we're waiting, I'd like to give you a little piece of advice which might hurt you but something you should really listen to," Issac said as he turned his full attention to the girl sitting beside him in the car, seemingly frustrated and desperate to find out the truth.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like what you say next but damn my curious mind, go ahead, say it," Cynthia asked him to continue as Issac chuckled at her reaction, with a smile that just seems to get Cynthia to a universe she never wants to come out of.

"Well, if you don't want to get frustrated over this, then just let it go, don't interfere, and let them figure this shit out on their own" Issac, in contrast to his usual sarcastic behavior, conveyed some wise advice, which of course, took Cynthia off-guard.

"You're asking me to leave them alone and let them do whatever they want?" Cynthia asks, not angry but with a curious voice as Issac nodded with his lips pushed shut.

"Yup"

"You know that it could cause Suzanne to get even more hurt, right?" Cynthia asked, and this time, it was Issac's turn to get caught off-guard.

"Well, then, let's continue our spy game" Issac went back to his steering wheel and rode off after seeing Noah and Destiny come out and back in their car. Meanwhile, Cynthia's mind pondered over nothing but Issac's advice and how he was kind to actually think for her, wanting to help her in actuality.

"Well, that is where they were going," Issac said as Cynthia found herself once again right in front of her apartment building and Noah's house beside it.

"Probably to fuck, huh? Whatcha think?" Issac turned to Cynthia who in return made a disgusting face.

"Did you really have to say that?" Cynthia rolled her eyes, realizing how blunt this stupid ass could get.

"What else do you want me to say? Make-love? Fuck, that's way too old-schooled" Issac replied, and it was his time to roll his eyes, making Cynthia giggle at his reaction.

"You're really something" Cynthia replied in between her laughter as Issac smirked.

"You're damn right, I am" 

"So, what do we do now?" Cynthia asked as she rested her back on the most comfortable fabric of the car.

"Well, I have a place I could show you," Issac said as he winked at the woman who just wouldn't give in to his charms, according to him, and entirely contrary according to her.

"If that place is your bedroom, then heck no" Cynthia rolled her eyes and laughed with Issac, indirectly giving her permission as Issac smiled and drove off to god knows where.