Too Much At Stake.....

Isabella P.O.V

I felt my face pressed down on something hard. My head felt like it was in a vice thumping and pulsing running through my head. I lifted my head up and saw that I was in the Grill as I looked around the room I saw who was sitting opposite me. It was that guy who came into the house and knocked me out cold. My heart was pounding and I think might be hyperventilating right now.

"See, we never went out to dinner when I was a kid, so, I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining. Dad actually let me cook... Taught me to measure by eye." I looked at the guy in front of me and I had no idea who he was. I tried to recall what happened for me to end up here at the grill. "Seasonings to taste, all that stuff, but it's different now in the restaurant world. Everything's on time. It's like, the fries go in, you push a button, it dings and you take 'em out. Literally no guess work." What the hell was this guy on about? I looked down and I saw that my hands were tied. What did this guy want with me and why the hell was I even here?

"Who the hell are you? And why am I here?" I snapped at him as he was clearly some kind of psychopath. Was Mystic Falls like a beacon to draw them in or something?

"Gosh you are so much like your dad" He looked at me with this strange expression. So this guy had issue with my dad? Wonderful! Just freaking typical go for the weaker Salvatore the one who isn't a freaking vampire. "Uh, well I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants and now I'm showing off the fruits of my labor." He starts to eat his eggs "It's Kai by the way" Once he spoke his name I knew exactly who he was. He was that crazy guy my dad and Bonnie spent time with in that prison world who murdered his whole family. This guy was a first rate psycho but why the hell did he have me here?

"I don't mean the Mystic Grill" I told him smugly as I tried to recite a spell to untie the bonds from my wrist but I felt like something was blocking it.

"Oh, you mean like, here here, in Mystic Falls." He starts to laugh but I didn't find any of this funny whatsoever. Why the hell wasn't my magic working! "Sorry, I'm nervous. You're like, really pretty." I just glared at him as his flattery wasn't going to do anything. He clearly took me from my home as some kind of pay back for my dad. Oh I can't wait until my dad finds him and kicks his psychopath ass.

"Why am I here, Kai?" I spoke through my teeth as I wasn't in the mood to listen to his crappy sense of humor.

"FYI you won't be able to undo the ropes. I kinda disabled your magic" I felt my jaw drop while he sat there with a huge grin on his face. "Well, I took the spell that was keeping supernatural's out of Mystic Falls and I, I like absorbed it...Like ate it, I guess." He takes another bite of his food while I sat there speechless as I knew that spell was huge one. He sucked it up? "It's cool, huh? First I eat magic, and then eventually, I lose it. But a huge spell like that? I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me, it's all over the place." There was something clearly not wired correctly in his head. I've never know of someone who is able to suck magic out of something. Is that what he did to me? "You know, I didn't quite realize I was out of control until I met the manager of the Grill a few hours ago. And he was all like," He starts to mock a voice "Hey, you can't come in here; we're closed. And you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder." I started to laugh sarcastically as I was unamused. "And then I was like, "Don't judge me." And then I gave him a heart-attack--tried to, but all I did was make him vomit uncontrollably, which was like, ugh, let's stop that." I sat there staring at him with disgust as he saw all of this as some kind of joke. "So then I tried again and I think I broke his spine? I mean, I'm not, I'm not really sure, because the third time I tried the spell, he kinda exploded in blood. Whoops." He takes a drink of coffee. He was speak like all of this was normal behavior to make some poor guy go through all that was like some kind of game for him.