Where Are You Now When I Need You.....

Damon P.O.V

Since Liz passing everyone had pretty much stayed here as Siena didn't want Caroline to be alone during this time. Which I was totally cool with because death messes people up. I made a suggestion to Siena that maybe it would be a good idea to have Nico here. Siena was a little surprised at first but it made sense to me to have Nico here. He would wanna be here for Caroline I know he hadn't been gone long to fix himself up. If we kept this from him he would only hate us for it as I know Caroline means the world to him. Also I want to repair all the messed up stuff that happened between us. I wanted to put that all to one side and try and regain Nico trust for us to be like we once was. I told Siena all this and it made her happy to hear that I wanted to regain my relationship with our son. So she left to go to New Orleans and I knew that the others would ask where she had gone. So I only told Elena and Stefan about what Siena was doing. Elena agreed that with Nico being here would help Caroline a great deal.

Siena called me once she got there and she seemed a little nervous in seeing him. She had told me how he had refused to speak to her and he was doing the same with Isabella. I think Siena frighten of the rejection and I hope Nico don't do that. As she had been the only one who stood by him no matter what and she was doing this for Caroline. I know she was cutting it close with the funeral being tomorrow but with Siena speed she be back in no time. Last night we all had a few drink in memory of Liz and share stories which were nice to hear. I still hadn't even written a word for her eulogy so I left them and went into the kitchen to try and write. I spent the whole night trying to write the right words but none of it seemed right. It was morning now and I had nothing still. The door opens as rips a sheet of paper from the notebook and crumples it. I looked up to see Caroline enter.

"Sorry. Just, um, water." Caroline walked into the kitchen. She had been taking this all well... as well as she could. I think once Siena gets Nico back here it will help Caroline a lot. With Liz passing it opened my eyes a lot that life too short to hold grudges and that I wanna repair the damage between Nico and I. I hope Siena can convince him to come home just for the funeral if anything.

"Help yourself." She walks over to the sink and I tried to come up with the right words to say in this eulogy. I thought it would be easy but I was wrong with me being serious and trying to write about this amazing woman. It wasn't and it wasn't because I didn't know what to say it's just when I put it all pen to paper it wasn't coming out right.

"So what are you not writing?" Caroline questioned I looked up to see her staring at me while trying to keep herself together. I know exactly how she was feeling as I felt just as messed up when I my mom was died back in the 1800.

"You believe your mother entrusted me to eulogize her?" I personally think Liz was out of her mind at first but then again she knew about the story about me bailing on my mom funeral. I have mixed 490 267emotional when it comes to Natalia I know what she did to my family and I hate her for it. The thing is she's my mother and as much as I wanna hold this hatred towards her it doesn't stick. That annoys the hell out of considering everything she did.

"That's... nice, I guess." She turns to fill her glass with tap water. Maybe now was the time to do a little talking with her like to let her know I can sympathize with the pain she is feeling.

"I think she's trying to teach me a lesson about my own mom. Was supposed to do the eulogy at her funeral, and I just-" I was cut off by Caroline in mid-sentence.

"We don't have to share. It's not like your mom was mother of the year" I was taken back by her comment and if her mom hadn't died I would come back with something to say. She grieving and when you grieve you do and say crazy things so I'll let her off with that one. Cause in truth she was right my mom thought only of herself and her happiness.