45. Heir

A/N: ONE chapter left.
Thanks for staying with me.
Love lots!

(Neero)

 Love lots!(Neero)

"Mr. Jabal, you consider me as your brother?" Devon clasped the man's hand. He felt something was wrong with the man's tone earlier but his face didn't falter.

"Why not? We're going to work side by side, aren't we? Like family." Neero smiled widely at the Yushkova's.

Victoria's face was paled as sheet and averted her eyes from the man. She never thought that the impure son of hers would be bold enough to show his face at their company. She balled her fists and tried to act normal.

Euro also sensed that something was weird but shake it off as the man seemed to be all business. The young man also came from a distinguished family from the middle east continent. He wouldn't do anything that will bring disgrace to his parents for sure. By this reasoning, peace prevailed in his heart.

"Of course. That would be an honor." Devon ended his gesture of agreement and prepared for the documentary shoot.

Everybody was civil and the meeting ended on a great note.

--------------

As weeks passed by, the Yushkova Tradings gradually recovered. Though several investors are still skeptical about the business continuity, having Neero Jabal as one of the main shareholders, some of them were convinced somehow and conservatively put in their money, too.

Devon accepted the fact that because of Neero, their company slowly gained its position in the industry once more. But he was bothered by something.

Conventionally, some shareholders do not participate in the everyday management of a company, but Neero is intimately involved in the inner workings of their business. Every move and every decision must be acknowledged by the man and if not, Devon's recommendations will be put in vain as the other stockholders only listen to the words of Neero.

The young master of Yushkova felt that he's just a pawn that was under controlled by the new man. He's only putting up with Neero as the situation needs it then planned to arise as the true leader of Yushkova Tradings when the time comes.

"What?!" Devon blurted out with the news brought by his assistant. Neero had done another move that shocked him to his core.

Shareholders do have a right to elect the board of directors. Typically, each has a vote weighted by the percentage of his or her share.

As per the report, Neero and the other stockholders are currently voting for a new set of board of directors that will, in turn, appoint new managers.

Devon balled his fists at the turned of the events. It's like the company will be tipped over and become Neero's empire.
'That scheming man.'

#######

"Babe, what's the story behind this?" Natalia is currently at the Gates' ancestral mansion that weekend to review her checklists for the upcoming dinner party which was scheduled on the last month of the year. Alexander accompanied her and both are now resting inside Alexander's old room.