Chapter 10

(Togara's POV)

Tenume is always happy whenever I'm around. For some reason whenever I'm not around, she gets a little unhappy...

I wonder what causes her to be unhappy...

"Togara!" She screamed from the distance, running towards me.

"Huh?" I turned around to see Tenume.

"Togara...*huff*where...*puff*...were...*huff*...you...*exhales deeply*"

"I was at that cafe." I said, pointing at the cafe that I was in across the street.

"I was looking all over for you..." She said, which she then brought out her phone to show me something. "Look!" She showed me a picture of what looks like a show of some sort.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Squid Game! It's Squid Game." She said.

"What about it?" I asked.

"I want you to watch it with me!" She said.

"Fine." I accepted her request which we started walking to my house.

"I was waiting for you..." She murmured.
______________________________

I saw Tenume sitting on the couch, texting her friend, Kohaku.

"Togara, wanna hangout with Kohaku?" She asked being calmed after watching episode 6 of Squid Game.

"No, not right now. I have a lot of work to do. Probably later, sorry..." I said as I grab my backpack to head out.

"Oh your leaving? Well, see you tomorrow then." She said as she waved goodbye.

"See ya." I said as I left.

As I was walking, I felt my phone vibrating. I look to see my sister calling me.

"Hello?" I said.

"Togara! Where are you?" She screamed.

"Ouch! My ear....I'm by the gas station right now..." I replied.

"Well you better hurry, cause your friends are here and they're waiting for you!" She said.

"But why?"

"Just come!" She said as she hanged up the phone.
_______________________________

"Shota? Mayuki? Dohei? What're you guys doing here?" I asked as I see them sitting on the couch.

"Boys hangout, Togara." Mayuki said.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"Remember what we said before at lunch?" Dohei asked

"No..." I said.

Shota sighs, "Every weekends we hangout, we called it 'Boys hangout' remember? We promised it last week."

"Oh...I totally forgot..." I said.

"Whatever, let's go." Dohei said as he gets up from the couch.

"Where?" I asked.

All three of them looked me confusingly. "Have you forgot?" Shota said.

"We're going to GameStop." Mayuki said.
______________________________

"Look! Look! They have Little Nightmares II!" Dohei said as he picked up one of the game disc.

"Woah! I haven't play it yet. How about you Togara?" Mayuki asked.

"I only played the first one." I replied.

"Then you should get the second one." Shota said.

I took one of the Little Nightmares II game disc and checked it out.

"Do you guys have the PlayStation 5?" Shota asked one of the employees.

"We only have three in stock right now, so if you would like to purchase them, be my guest." The employee said.

"Oh! That's great! Hey you guys!" Shota said as the rest of us were looking for games to play.

"Huh?" Mayuki said as he turned around.

"Do you guys want the PlayStation 5?" Shota asked.

"Yeah but I don't have enough money." Mayuki said.

"How much you got?" Shota asked.

"¥10,000" Mayuki said.

(A PlayStation 5 cost about ¥112,000)

"Don't worry, pay me later." Shota said as he went to get a PlayStation console.
________________________________

After we were done, Shota handed a PlayStation 5 for the three of us.

"S-Shota!?!? You bought three!?!?" I screamed shockingly.

"Yeah, heh..." He said scratching his head.

Is he serious!?!? One of those is more than 100 thousand, and he bought three?!?!

(Total: ¥336,000)

"You shouldn't have..." I said as I was shocked.

"Thank you Shota, I'll pay back later, Promise~" Dohei said as he happily took his PlayStation 5.

"Please take it Togara, that was all of my paycheck money..." Shota said.

"You wasted all of your paycheck money...on us?" I said.

(¥336,000 for Shota was like a whole month of his paycheck)

"Of course I would, you guys are my friends." He said.

I was utterly shocked. I didn't say anything and just accepted the gift.

"Thank you, Shota..." I said.

"Your welcome." He said.

"Your friends aren't like other type of friends, Togara. They would do whatever to make you happy. Haven't you seen it yourself? When you surprisingly failed on a test, Mayuki and Shota made a skit test about you. They wanted you to feel good on passing something. They know you tried really hard on your exams and they won't stop feeling happy about it. Those two are like Spongebob and Patrick, two idiots but good at heart. " I remembered what Tenume said to me yesterday.

Shota is such a good idiot. In fact, the biggest good idiot.

                               [Author's Note]

[Author's Note]

No drawings for this one 😊
I hope you liked it ❤️
-IshFeitan