Chapter 27: The Winter Girl (pt. 4)

(Rin's POV)

          One year ago (in junior high school)

I knew Yuki since I was thirteen, which would be two years ago. We would always have the same classes each year together. Yuki called it "Fate."

It was a weird word. I didn't know what it meant. Yuki said we were destined to become best friends.
______________________________

Today, was the Tanabata Festival, also known as the Star Festival. Yuki said she wanted me to come with her. I agreed.

"Rin, what kind of yukata will you wear?" Yuki asked.

"I always wear the same one Nee-chan gives me," I said.

Yuki smiled. "Come to think of it, your sister never meets you for the Tanabata Festival." She said.

"She says she's busy in Tokyo..." I said.

My older sister, who's about seven years older than me, has a job in Tokyo. We have never seen each other since the time I was six years old.

When I was six years old, my older sister bought me a yukata for the Tanabata Festival. We both had fun. However, that was the only day I have last seen her...

She would normally call me from time to time. As of now, I live by myself.

"Then, let's pick one for you," Yuki said as she smiled.

"H-Huh?" I said.
______________________________

"Which one do you like Rin?" Yuki asked as she shows me two different yukata's.

There was a red one with sakura leaves and a blue one with butterflies.

"Which do you prefer?" I asked her.

"This suits you more, doesn't it?" Yuki asked as she picks the blue one with butterflies.

I nodded.

After getting changed, I showed her how I looked with the yukata.

"Wow..." She said.

"H-How does it look?" I asked.

"It looks beautiful!" She said as she smiled.

"It does?" I asked as I looked at a mirror.

"Yeah!" Yuki said.
_______________________________

Me and Yuki grabbed a tanzaku to then write our wishes. After that, we hung it up on a bamboo branch.

"What did you wish for Rin?" Yuki asked.

"I wish that I can meet Nee-chan someday," I said.

"What did you wish for?" I asked Yuki.

"I wish that I can forever be with you." Yuki smiled.
________________________________

                         Summer break

Since it was summer break, Me and Yuki decided to visit the park.

"Rin..." Yuki said as she saw me riding the swing.

"H-Hey! Be careful! You might fall off of it!" Yuki shouted from the distance as she was coming to where I was.

Suddenly, someone pushed me out of the swing.

"Oops. Sorry~" A random girl said.