Chapter 47: Annual Skate Contest (6)

(Natomi's POV)

When I was sixteen, I met Takamaki at the skate park.

"Woah! Takamaki you're so cool!" One of his friends said as Takamaki showed a cool skate trick.

I was sitting on a bench, watching him as he kept getting praises one after the other.

They weren't kidding, his tricks were cool.

The reason I tried skateboarding was that it was fun. It makes me feel at ease. But I wasn't that good at it. I only knew the basics.

Suddenly, he turned his head in my direction to see me looking at him.

"Who's that Takamaki?" A male friend asked.

He started to walk toward me as I then looked away.

"Do you know how to skateboard?" He asked.

I looked at him as I nodded.

"Then join us. I can show you some cool tricks." He said.

That was the first day me and Takamaki became friends...
_______________________________

                   [Back to the present]

"There's only five of us now," Takamaki said.

"I won't lose," I said.

"We'll see about that." He said as he smirked.

As the final round was about to begin, more people started to show up to watch.

"Let me explain the rules for the final round." The female announcer said.

"There will be no judging criteria meaning the judges will choose whom they liked best. There will also be a time limit of twenty seconds for each contestant. After each contestant has performed, the winner will be chosen by the judges."

Twenty seconds only. I wonder if I can do at least two tricks with that amount of time.

"So now that I have explained the rules. Let us begin!" The female announcer cheered.

First up was a boy with rimless glasses. He wore a black beanie that covered his head.

The beanie boy started to do his first trick.

However, I didn't know what trick this was.  This was new to me and it looked pretty hard.

"Hey Takamaki, do you know what trick that's called?" I asked him, thinking if he might know.

"Nope. I think this is a custom-made trick." Takamaki said.

"A custom-made trick?" I said as I looked at the trick the beanie boy did. I was confused.

I knew that there were skateboard tricks that not many people know about. But a custom-made? That's even harder since there might already be a trick like that.

The beanie boy's time was up as he did two of his own.

"Ooo what's your name?" A female judge asked the beanie boy.