Chapter 30: First Year (pt. 1)

Two years ago (first year of senior high school)
                             Part One

(Togara's POV)

"Kyoto's Top Ten high school choice..." I said as I looked at the school building. It was pretty huge. I looked around to get a better view of the school.

As I was looking around, I saw a girl sitting on the floor, drawing something. I approached her and said, "You know you could just sit over there where the seats are."

"Hm?" The girl said as she turned around. Her hair was as purple as a plum. Her ponytails were up to her waist-length with bangs covering her forehead. She looked pretty short.

"If I did sit there, I wouldn't have the perfect view for my drawing." The girl said.

"What are you drawing anyways?" I asked.

"This school." She said.

"You're drawing this school?" I asked as I pointed at the school.

"Yeah!" She said.

"This school is pretty big. I'm not sure if you can draw something that-" As I turned around to look at the girl, she showed me her drawing.

"See?" She said.

I was surprised. It wasn't one of those kiddish drawings. It was pretty detailed.

"You know you're pretty artistic. You should join an art club or something." I said.

"Should I?" The girl asked.

I nodded my head.

"But I don't know many people here." The girl said.

"Then let's get to know each other. Starting now." I said as I reached out my hand.

"Huh?" She said.

"My name is Togara. Togara Hisayoshi." I said.

"Uh...Tenume! Tenume Nakamura!" She said as she bowed.

"Huh?" I said.

"Huh?" She said.

I then bowed, feeling embarrassed that I forgot how to greet people.

"You're quite funny." She said as she chuckled.

"Tenumeee!" A girl shouted from the distance.

"Huh?" I said as I look to see who it was.

The girl had short ginger hair and emerald green eyes.

"Huh? Kohaku? What took you so long?" Nakamura asked.

"Ha...ha...I forgot today was the first day of school..." Her friend said.

"You brought your headphones to school..." Nakamura said.

"Eh?" Her friend said.

"Right there," Nakamura said as she pointed.

"Ah! I didn't even notice I was wearing it." Her friend said.

Nakamura sighed as she shook her head.

"Anyways, who's that guy?" Her friend asked.

"His name is Togara. Togara...err." Nakamura said as she tried to remember my last name.

"Hisayoshi. Togara Hisayoshi." I said.

"Nice to meet you Hisayoshi-san. My name is Kohaku. Kohaku Yugisawa." Her friend said as she bowed.

"Nice to meet you too," I said as I bowed.

*Ring*  

The school bell rang as first class started.

"That's the bell. Hope we could next time, Hisayoshi-san." Nakamura said as she bowed and left with her friend.

As I was about to go inside the building. I saw two boys talking to each other.

"Shota! Shota!" The brown-haired male said.

"Shh! Mayuki!" The black-haired male said.

"It's our first day of senior high school! Nee-hee~" The brown-haired male said as the two of them went inside the building.

I sighed as I mumbled to myself. "Does everyone in this school have a close friend?"
============================

                      Author's Note

That's the end of part 1. See you next time!
-IshFeitan

 See you next time! -IshFeitan