Chapter 23: The Winter Girl (Prologue)

Two months later

   (Shota's POV)

"Brrrr...W-Why i-is i-it so c-c-cold?" Natomi asked as he shivered.

"It's winter time dummy," Mayuki said.

Mayuki, Me, Dohei, and Togara were coated with layers. As Natomi was only wearing his uniform...

The five of us were walking to school as it was snowing. As we were walking, Mayuki took some snow off the ground and made a snowball.

He looked so happy making it as he then threw it to me. "Mayuki!" I said as Mayuki laughed.

Dohei then made a snowball to then throw it to Togara. "Oh, so it's a snowball fight isn't it?" Togara said as he made snowballs to then throw them to Dohei. It didn't take a while for all of us to throw snowballs at each other, forgetting we had to go to school...

"Hey! What're you guys doing?" A female shouted as Mayuki looked back to see Mihora and Tenume walking to school.

"Oh yeah..." The five of us said as we continued to walk to school.
_____________________________

                            [Library]

"What're you guys going to do when Christmas break comes?" Dohei asked.

"I dunno, chill and watch anime?" Togara said as everyone look at him unserious. "You should be the last person to say that..."

"Go shopping for new clothes I guess," Tenume said which everyone already knew she would say that.

"How about you Natomi?" I asked.

"Huh? Me?" He said as he pointed to himself.

I nodded my head as he then said, "I'm probably going to help my sister with her packets of homework."

"That's no fun at all," Dohei said.

"Shota, why don't we stay over at my house for Christmas?" Mayuki asked.

"Mayuki...I stay over at your house every Christmas Day..." I said as everyone chuckled.

"Oh! Did you guys hear? We got a new first year student." Togara said.

"Really?" Kohaku asked.

Togara nodded his head.

"We're about to be a third year in a few months," Togara said.

"Then we'll graduate!" Dohei said as he cheered.

Everyone cheered besides Mihora, who looked a little upset. I looked at Mihora to then whisper to her, "What's wrong?" She shook her head saying nothing was wrong.

She clenched her fists as she smiled back to the rest.

We chatted for a while to then say goodbye to each other, leaving the library.
_______________________________

I was walking to go home. As I was walking, I bumped into a short girl. "Oh, I'm sorry." I said as I continued walking. The girl turned around to look at me. Her eyes widened as she said, "S-Soutama..."

"Huh?" I said as I turned around. "Do you know me?" I asked.

"Soutama-kun right? You're in Matsubara Senior High." She said which I scratched my head. "Yeah...that's me." I said.

"Do I know you?" I asked the little girl as she then shook her head.

"My name is Rin. Rin Sataka." The girl said.

"O-Oh, nice to meet you Rin." I said.

*Bzz* *Bzz* (phone ringing)

My phone was ringing as I then took it out from my pocket.

"Hello?" I said.

"Nii-san, when are you coming home?" Mizuki asked on the phone.

"Oh, Mizuki! I'm coming, don't worry." I said as I hung up.

"I gotta go. My brother and my mom is waiting for me." I said as I ran to go home.