Chapter 17: The Boy Who Skates (6)

(Mihora's POV)
Weekend

"600-8014..." I read the address of the home that was in front of me.

Two days ago, Akagumi begged me to tutor his little sister. So here I am...

I pressed the doorbell.

Ding-Dong

Nobody opened the door...

I pressed it again.

Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong.

...

I irately knocked at the door. No one answered. I knocked several times, being annoyed now...

That was when the door slowly opened. There I saw an expressionless redhead. She looked at me to then close the door.

"H-Hey!" I shouted.

"What do you want?" The girl asked.

"I came here to tutor you," I said.

The girl suddenly opened the door to then ask me, "Who sent you?"

"Your brother..." I said.

She then closed the door again. "Huh!" I shouted as she did it again.

"Go away. I don't need you..." The girl said.

"Huh?! Your brother is the one who begged me. So open up." I said.

"I don't have a brother..." The girl said which changed my expression.

"That guy doesn't mean anything to me...he could go die..." The girl said.

I felt heartbroken. Hearing that from one of my younger siblings would've made me devastated.

"Don't say that..." I murmured.

As much as I hate Akagumi. I would never say such a thing to a person.

"Open up...please..." I said to her and she slowly opened the door.

She gave up to then let me in.

"Don't expect me to learn from you." She said.

I went inside to see how pretty their house looked. There were beautiful landscape paintings attached to the wall. A cozy floor pillow. The aroma of the candles felt so relaxing. I was astonished.

"Did you decorate this?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "No, my mother did..."

"Then your mother is good at doing these types of things," I said.

Her eyes widened to then look away, looking sorrowful.

"Can I see your report card?" I asked her, changing the subject.

She went by a drawer to take a paper out from the dresser. She then walks toward me to hand it to me.

I viewed her report card.

Mathematics: 1
Japanese Literature: 1
History: 1
Science: 2
Arts: 3
PE: 1

He was right...she is failing. The only one she was somewhat good at was Arts. I looked at her and she then looked away, being embarrassed.

I gave back her report card to then ask her a question. "Why don't you let your brother help you?"

"I don't want him to..." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he doesn't help me!" She shouted and I could hear the sorrowing pain coming from her voice. A tear dropped from her eye.