Chapter 43: Annual Skate Contest (2)

(Natomi's POV)

"Let the first round begin!" The female announcer said as the crowd cheered.

"First up is you!" The female announcer said as she pointed at Takamaki.

Takamaki took his skateboard with him as he came forward.

Out of most skateboarders I met, Takamaki was one of the few that knew how to perfectly do an ollie.

Takamaki drove his skateboard as he jumped, raising the front of the board from the ground and leveling the board while in the air. He then bent his knees to land properly on the ground.

This was called the Nollie trick.

For the second trick, Takamaki starts with an ollie. He then kicks his front foot out diagonally, using his front heel to flip the board.

This was called the Heelflip.

"That was great!" The female announcer said as the crowd cheered.

"Judges, what are your votes?" The female announcer asked as the judges show their vote.

There were four judges. The first two judges gave it a five and the other two gave it a four adding up eighteen.

"You passed the first round!" The female announcer said.

"This round isn't that hard. Seems like I might have a chance." I said to myself.

"Natomi?" Takamaki said as he saw me.

"You did great there Takamaki," I said.

Next was my turn as I came forward.

"Show us what you got!" The female announcer said.

"You can do this Natomi!" Kohaku said as she cheered.

It's just the first round so I shouldn't show too many skills.

For my first trick, I did an ollie perfectly.

For my second trick, I jumped vertically as I used my front foot to flick the board so that it can spin in the air before I land.

This was called a Kickflip.

"Amazing!" The female announcer said as she clapped her hands. "Judges?" She turned to the judges as they showed their vote.

Three of the judges gave it a five as the last judge gave it a four, adding up nineteen.

After a while, 20 contestants were eliminated. Most of them weren't able to perfectly land, those were beginners.

"That is the end of the first round! Congratulations to the thirty contestants who passed!" The female announcer said as the crowd cheered.

"This contest seems easy doesn't it?" Takamaki asked.

"I didn't think you would participate in it." I said.

"Let's begin the second round!" The female announcer said.

"Wonder what will be different..." Takamaki said.

"For the second round, you will be given thirty seconds. Try your best to entertain the judges!" The female announcer said.

Thirty seconds was enough to do at least two skateboard tricks so it shouldn't be that hard.

"Let the second round...begin!" The female announcer said.

-End of Chapter 43-

[Author's Note]

Heyo! So, did you like this chapter? Let me know in the comments below 😁❤️

-IshFeitan