Chapter 20

(Mihora's POV)
Two years ago...

My dad had passed away when I was fifteen. My mother cried all week. Jiro was devastated as well as Genki and Haya. My father was so important to us. Without him, we aren't able to be stable. My mother, having four kids already, can't take care of all of us on her own. She became weaker as she had the four of us, which is why I would help her with most things.

My father would always take the four of us to the park. Genki and Haya would watch as my father would play tag with Jiro and me. Whenever he's it, we would run. Whenever we were it, he would run. He would run at a slow pace to make it fair for us.

My father would always come late at home because of his work. All of us would get worried to wonder why he was taking so long. My mother would scold him like he was a kid whenever he comes home late.

My father loved making dolls for us. He would make them whenever it was one of our birthdays. His dolls looked so pretty, that one day I took them to school.

My classmates were jealous of how pretty the doll looked, so they asked if they could borrow it for the day. I didn't want to give it to them because this was the doll that my dad made for my birthday.

I told them I couldn't, so they peacefully accepted it. However, there was one girl who didn't. Her name was Ichika. She hated me because she said I looked prettier than her. She always wanted my silky brown hair. Ichika denied it and told me she wanted it. I told her no. She was a brat. She would whine about everything that she wanted. The boys would listen to her as if she was their queen.

One day when I went to go to the bathroom, Ichika smiled at me and said, "Hey Nakumatsu, wanna go to the bathroom and brush our hair?"

I was confused about why she wanted to brush her hair. She didn't like me at all. "Yeah, sure," I said being naive. I saw her have something in her pocket which I was worried about but didn't say anything. Me and her went to bathroom to brush our hair. I brushed her hair first. She had blonde rough hair. Her hair felt so dry whenever I try to brush it. No wonder she was jealous of my hair. I was done brushing her hair which she then said, "My turn~"

She started brushing my hair which nothing wrong happened at first. That was until she started brushing roughly, which it hurts. "Not so rough, Ichika..." I said as she kept brushing roughly. She then took out the thing she had in her pocket. "I was always jealous of you Mihora! I hated how I don't look like you. I'm supposed to look better not you!" She said as she slowly brings the sharp object to my face.

"Wh-What...What are you going to do with that?!" I said as I panicked.

"You'll see..." She said as she snipped my hair.

"Ichika! What're you doing?" I yelled.

She had a mischievous grin on her face. "Take this! And this! And that!" She continued to cut my hair.

"Ahh!!!" I screamed which the teacher barged in to take the scissors away from Ichika's hand.

"Ichika!" The female teacher yelled. I cried as I touched my hair on the floor.

Ichika didn't care about what she did. She smirked and left as the teacher took her to the principal's office.

I ran out of the girl's bathroom and the boys all laughed at me. Some girls did as well. I went outside to hide behind the bleachers. I couldn't stop crying. I then heard a female voice call my name. "Mihora?" It was my only most trusted friend, Saki. I looked up to see Saki with a worried face.

"Saki..." I said as she sat next to me. "Are you alright Mihora?" She asked.

"Not really..." I said. Saki patted my back as she handed me a handkerchief. "It was Ichika, wasn't it?" She said.

I nodded which Saki had her fist up. "Next time I see her, I'll teach that girl a lesson to not mess with my friend!"

She started punching the air looking dumb which made me laugh. Saki laughed as well. After a while, we both went back inside.

Saki was my first friend and my childhood friend. She would always make me laugh whenever I'm in a bad mood. We both attended the same high school, Matsubara Senior High.

Saki would call me Mi-Mi which made me embarrassed in front of other students. But after a while, I didn't mind.
______________________________

[Present Time]

"Mi-Mi!" Saki said as she head chopped me.

"Ow!"

"Who's that boy?" She asked.

"What boy?" I asked.

"Soutama. I saw you hang out with him last week." She said.

"O-Oh...yeah," I said, nervously.

Saki didn't like when boys would talk to me, because she would think they are weirdos who would only want one thing...

However, Shota wasn't like that. He was kind, funny, stupid, and interesting to know about.

"He's not what you think he is, Saki," I said to her.

"Well, how do you know that?" She asked.

"Because he's...he's different..." I said.

"Whatever. But if I see him, laying a finger on you, I won't hesitate to hi-yah" she said as she punched the air.

Just like Saki, Shota was another person who I trusted.

I hope he feels the same way as I do...