eighty three - switching it up

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Kagami said as Himuro caught the ball. "Don't hold back, Tatsuya!"

"I like the look in your eyes," He smirked, "I'm relieved. It sounds like what you said before the game was true. But I will be the victor, Taiga!" Yosen's shooting guard challenged, his eyes blazing.

Glaring at each other, Himuro soon made the first move by going for a shot. Obviously, Kagami jumped, only to realize it was a fake. Sasaki almost whistled, that man had polished skills. "No you don't!" Hyuuga stepped in to help, but that was to be expected.

"It's a pincer attack!" Kagami yelled. However, the two going to stop him were stunned into breathlessness as Himuro took the most beautiful shot Sasaki had ever seen. Immediately, he checked to make sure his nose hadn't started bleeding again; all clear.

"As much as we wanna stand and stare, we don't have time for that," Sasaki reminded everyone as they were, in fact, standing and staring. Grabbing the ball, he went out to throw in. "We can gawk all we want later, preferably when the clock isn't ticking."

"Sound advice," Himuro smiled. "Though I wouldn't mind if you kept staring."

"Sir please value your life more."

"What?"

"Don't say stuff like that, even if I was the one to flirt first, I sincerely apologized," Sasaki pleaded, not wanting a decent guy like him to end up in the ground before he even graduated high school.

The shooting guard didn't get to respond as they were thrown into another round of him verses Kagami. "You still do, don't you?" Himuro asked as he bounced the ball beside him.

"Huh?" Kagami's eyebrows furrowed.

"Somewhere in your heart," His eyes were stone cold. Ah, my fleeting attraction, Sasaki wiped away a fake tear. "You still think of me as your brother, don't you?" After pulling that absolutely heartless rabbit out of his hat, Himuro went for a shot.

Kagami jumped to block, but it didn't matter. The ball vanished through his hand, reappearing as it sunk through the hoop and scored its points.

"Mirage shot."

"Friggin nuts, not even Kagami could touch that?" Sasaki raised an impressed eyebrow. "I'll be damned."

"You were damned the second you caught the generation of miracles' attention."

"Ah! That's not funny, Kuroko!"

"You and I are enemies," Himuro spoke. "Come at me like you're trying to kill me."

"Bruh, if Daiki was down here, he'd be doing exactly that," Sasaki muttered under his breath.

"Murasakibara seems to want to do that, as well."

"Huh?" The azurette glanced in the direction Kuroko was looking and sure enough, the purple haired giant looked ready to kill. "Uh, I think that's all directed at you, man."

Suddenly, a player substitution was called. "Kagami!"

"Me?!" He made a shocked face; Sasaki almost laughed.

"Errr, should we be doing this?" Sasaki asked as Kiyoshi walked up next to him.

"She's probably giving him time to cool his head," The center replied. "Kagami's weakness is he can't separate his emotions from the game. He's too kind. Then, on defense, please take care of Himuro in place of Kagami, Sasaki."

"Got it," He grinned.

"We can't afford to worry about him, though," Hyuuga piped up as everyone gathered around him. "We've got a much bigger problem. We need to score two points off Yosen. In other words: we have to pierce the Shield of Aegis."

"Alrighty!" Sasaki perked up, flexing his arm. "Leave Mister Purple to me, and I'll leave point guarding to you," He held his fist out to Kiyoshi, who returned it with his own.

"You can count on me."

"Ode? What're you doing here?" Murasakibara looked confused as Sasaki stood in front of him, smiling.

"I'm center now!"

"You're what-"

"Yep! I'll be in your care!" He bowed, and that was when the purple giant saw that Kiyoshi had taken over as point guard.

"So that's it, huh. Doesn't matter what you're planning, I'll crush you," He grumbled, his eyes back and solely focused on Sasaki. The azurette snickered.

"You can try."

With that said, Kiyoshi shot a three. Obviously, that raddled the opponents since the former center now point guard had made a three wide open. Of course, they knew it could have been a fluke, but it would still grate on them that he could make another, meaning they needed to be more careful.

Going back on defense, Sasaki stood in front of Himuro as he guarded him. "I'm back~" He sang, grinning. "Sorry to get between your little bro spat, man."

"No problem," The shooting guard said, holding the ball. They both went up at the same time, but Sasaki didn't manage to stop Himuro, meaning another three was added to their score.

"Friggin nuts, this is crazy," Sasaki stretched.

"Don't worry about it," Kiyoshi told them all. "We're just getting started."

"We've set the stage well enough now," Hyuuga agreed. "Let's go pierce the Shield of Aegis."

Once again, Kiyoshi was point guard and Sasaki stood under the net with Murasakibara. "Well then, let's go have some fun."

"What do they think they're doing?" Okamura sweatdropped, seeing that it wasn't just a one time thing for the three.

"We're being strategic~" Sasaki mused, feeling very clever with his choice of words. As Kiyoshi went for another three, Sasaki got ready for a rebound if the need occurred.

"Everything you do is so annoying," Murasakibara practically snarled, jumping to block. "Kiyoshi!" Sadly for him, the point guard's right of postponement was ready and waiting for that moment. Passing to the awaiting Sasaki. Quickly shooting before anyone could move a muscle, he raised his fist as the ball fell through the basket.

"They did it again!"

"Sasaki's unstoppable!"

"Fuck yeah, that's my boyfriend!"

"I swear I don't know him!"

Another back and forth occurred, and Yosen could see that it was going to be the same ploy all over again. This time, however, Murasakibara didn't fall for it. That didn't matter, since that meant Kiyoshi could shoot without a block. And that's exactly what he did, adding three points to their score. "Alright!"

"Nice one!" Sasaki beamed as they ran back for defense. "Let's keep it up!"

With a tad over seven minutes left, the score board read Yosen 37 to Seirin 39 as Yosen took a time out.