𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐭

Topper stood behind John B and Sarah, a look of pure anger on his face. "I knew it, Sarah! I knew you were lying to me!"

Sarah and John B quickly pulled away from each other. "Topper?!" Sarah said.

He glared at her angrily, his face tear-stained. "You're a stupid, lying, whore. You know that?"

"So, first I'm a prude and now I'm a whore?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, you are," He spat.

"Say one more thing about her and your ass will be over this mother fucking railing!" I threatened.

John B stepped in front of Sarah and I, extending his arm to create a barrier between us and Topper.

"Topper, just stop, man!" He yelled.

"You stop, man!" Top said. "You don't want to do this!"

My eyes met Sarah's, her look of concern and worry matching my own.

"Tell him to back off!" Topper seethed, looking at my sister. "Because I'm about to beat his fucking ass!"

"Walk away, man," John B told Topper. "Go home,"

Topper became increasingly aggressive despite John B's attempts to de-escalate the situation.

His fists clenched as he moved closer to John B. "You know what I'm gonna do? I'm about to drown you like your old man!"

Hearing those words escape his lips made me question everything about him. I had always seen Topper as a decent guy, but that comment completely changed my perspective.

"You're fucking sick!" I spat.

It was an utterly disgusting thing to say no matter the situation.

"Coming from you!" Topper shot back. "You knew about this shit and didn't tell me!"

"Because I knew you'd pull some bullshit like this!" I snapped.

"Just stop!" John B intervened. "Go home, Topper!"

Top was upset and obviously very drunk. What he needed was to go home and relax, but he wouldn't listen.

"Tell your bitch boyfriend to back off!" He shot.

"Leave, Top!" Sarah pleaded. "Just go!"

"Sarah, let's talk!"

"She doesn't want to!" John B yelled.

Topper's expression shifted from angry to borderline murderous at John B's refusal to back down. "What did I tell you?!"

The next thing I knew Topper roughly pushed John B against the railing, causing it to break.

I watched in shock as John B fell from the top of the Hawks Nest. My stomach churned at the sound of him hitting the ground.

The three of us stared at John B's motionless body, jaws hung open.

"Shit," Topper muttered. "What the...guys-"

"The wood must've been rotten! I hardly touched him!" He told us. "He lost his bal-"