𝐌𝐫𝐬. 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

I pulled up to the Chateau on my bike, skidding to a stop.

My sister and the four Pogues were already piled into John B's van.

"Y'all forgetting someone?" I asked, climbing into the Twinkie as well.

"Hell yeah, everyone's here," John B said. "You guys ready?"

"Let's go jack some loot, bitches!" I yelled, receiving cheers from everyone in response.

-

We soon arrived at our destination. The Crain house.

It was the home of an island legend that practically everyone in Kildare had heard about.

"You got rope?" John B asked, beginning to list off the items we needed.

Pope held the rope up so John B could see it through the rear-view mirror. "Got it,"

"Grappling hook?"

"We don't have a grappling hook, we're not batman,"

"Okay, then," John B said, continuing to list off items.

"Pulley?"

"Check!" Kie said.

"Dark clothes?"

"Yep," Everyone answered in unison.

"Flashlights?"

JJ held them up. "Check,"

John B nodded. "Alright, good. We're ready!"

"Let's go get rich, guys!" JJ smiled.

I high-fived him. "Fuck yeah!"

"Let's go, boys!" Kiara exclaimed.

"Oh! and girls!" She added, smiling at my sister and I.

John B walked around to the back of the van and pulled open the door.

We went to climb out, but he stopped us before we could. "Wait, wait!"

"I wanna thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight," He expressed.

"Always," Kiara smiled.

Pope nodded. "Of course, man,"

They did their Pogue handshake, soft smiles spread across both of their faces.

"Come here, Booker," I smiled, holding out my arms.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, embracing me tightly.

"Alright, we done with this circle jerk?" JJ asked, causing John B and I to release. "Can we go do this?"

Kie chuckled. "Yep,"

"Let's get that wheat in the water!" Pope exclaimed.

"Weed?! I'm up for weed!" JJ said excitedly.

I instantly perked up. "Ooh! Me too!"

Pope looked at us disappointed but not surprised. "Wheat. I said wheat,"

"Oh...well that's boring," I replied, despite hearing exactly what he had said the first time.

We made our way out of the van then climbed over the cement wall, dropping down to the other side.

Making sure to stay together, we navigated through the bushes and trees until the eerie house came into view.

We stood staring at the infamous building when a sudden burst of light sent us all scattering.

"Flashlights!" Kie announced, signaling for everyone to turn there's off.