𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

"BOOKER! ELIZABETH!" I yelled upstairs. "We doing this or not?!"

"We're coming!" My sister yelled back. "Just give us a minute!"

"Why? You getting your clothes back on?!" I asked.

"Oh, you're so dead!"

The sound of Sarah rushing down the stairs echoed through the house.

"Oh, shit!" I yelled, breaking off into a sprint as she reached the bottom.

Sarah lunged forward in an attempt to grab my arm but was too slow.

"You thought!" I yelled.

I continued to race through the house, Sarah chasing behind me.

I attempted to take a sharp turn into the kitchen, but my socks provided no friction between my feet and the floor, causing me to slip.

Before I had the chance to even comprehend what had happened, Sarah came barreling in behind me.

Not ready to stop so suddenly, she lost her footing and tripped right over me.

"Shit!" I groaned through a chuckle.

Sarah rolled onto her back. "Watch where you fall, bitch!"

"Watch where you're going!" I retorted.

We laid on the ground clutching our stomachs in a fit of laughter.

"I don't think I want to know..." A voice said.

John B stood over Sarah and I, completely confused.

"Did you not hear what Aspyn said when I told her to give us a minute?!" Sarah asked.

"Uh..."

"Dumbass," I chuckled, sitting up. "I asked if y'all were putting your clothes back on,"

I suddenly felt a slap to the back of my head.

"Ow, fuck!"

Sarah smirked. "Karma, bitch,"

"Fuck off," I laughed, standing up.

I grabbed my sisters hand, helping her off the ground, then turned to John B.

"I still don't understand how that ended in you two laying on the floor..." He said.

"You know what, just forget about it," Sarah replied.

He chuckled. "Yeah...that's probably for the best,"

"But! JJ, Pope, and Kie are waiting at the Chateau so we should probably get going," He continued.

"You sure they're going to be okay with us coming? Especially Kiara?" I asked.

"Yeah, they'll be cool! Even Kie!"

Sarah looked at him doubtfully. "You sure?"

"I promise!" He assured.

-

"No effing way! You brought them here?!" Kiara spat. "So what? They're in on this now?!"

JJ turned to John B. "Look, all I care about is that their cut comes out of your share,"

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote!" Kie continued. "This is our thing! A Pogue thing!"

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope chimed in.

John B sighed. "When are you not uncomfortable?!"

"I don't know, I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably,"