𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

I spun around to see who had yelled my name, nearly falling in the process.

"Oh, my god! Wheezie!" I breathed, pulling her into a hug. "I need you to be quiet, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay..."

"Who's here? Who's in the house?" I questioned.

"Dad, Rose, and Sarah,"

"Rafe's not here?"

She shook her head. "No,"

I took a breath. "Okay, I need you to listen to me..."

"Sarah and I have to go," I said. "You're going to make sure that nobody finds out Sarah is gone. Keep it a secret for as long as possible, you hear me?"

"Dad told me nobody was allowed to let her out," Wheezie said.

I looked at her confused. "What?!"

"Dad locked Sarah in her room. He said she needed to calm down,"

"What the fuck?!" I yelled.

"I told him that it was super dysfunctional but he just yelled at me!"

I ran my hands through my hair.

"Where's the key, Wheeze?" I asked. "Do you know?"

"Yeah, but dad said-"

"I don't care what dad said!" I dismissed. "Just trust me right now, alright?"

She nodded. "Yeah, yeah...okay,"

"Go get the key," I instructed.

Wheezie slipped into Ward's office, coming out a few seconds later with the key.

She handed it over to me and we made our way to Sarah's room.

I slid the key into the lock and turned it until I heard a click.

"Sarah..." I whispered, opening the door.

"Oh, my God!" She gasped, jumping up and running over to me.

I ushered Wheezie through the door then shut it behind us.

"What's going on?" She asked Sarah and I. "Aspyn said you guys had to go?"

"Wait, is this about John B?!" She questioned, her eyes widening. "Sarah, are you still dating him?! He killed someone!"

"Hey, shh..." I said softly. "Just listen, please,"

I grabbed her hands, holding them tight. "John B is not a killer. He didn't shoot anyone. Sarah and I were there. We saw the entire thing,"

Sarah nodded in confirmation. "He's innocent, and we have to help him,"

"Well, if John B's innocent...who did it?" She asked.

Tears filled my eyes. I looked at Sarah, who simply shook her head.

"I promise, we'll tell you everything, Wheeze," I whispered. "Just not right now,"

"John B needs our help," Sarah told her.

"Sarah never left and I was never here," I reminded. "We need you to stick to that for as long as you can,"

Wheezie nodded. "Okay,"

"Can we count on you?" Sarah asked.

Wheezie held up her hand, pinky out. "Pinky swear,"

Sarah latched her pinky onto Wheezie's, both of them kissing their hand.

I then did the same, locking my pinky with Wheezie's and kissing my hand.

-

Sarah and I made our way down the streets, red and blue lights blinding us at every turn.