𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐂𝐚𝐯𝐞

The darkness, coupled with the pouring rain, made it incredibly difficult to see. Big John, his silhouette barely visible, pulled out his gun.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, John! I have you surrounded!" Singh's words echoed. "You'd do best to toss over your gun now!"

Several of Singh's men surrounded us.
Big John reluctantly dropped his weapon, his jaw clenching "Ward was gonna send up a flare to warn us?" He scoffed. "Yeah, sure."

Sarah's voice cut through the air. "Hey, what did you do with our father!"

A figure emerged from behind some trees. "I'm right here, Sarah! I'm okay!" Ward assured.

Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Sarah, driven by a mixture of confusion and frustration, stormed toward Ward. "Dad, what did you do?"

"I made a deal, girls!" Ward told us. "I had to!"

"A deal?!" My sister yelled.

"Yes. I did a favor for Mr. Singh, and in return, he's gonna give me all I want," Ward responded.

"You think this is a favor?!" I snapped.

"I want you and your sister safe!" He said. "Isn't that right, Mr. Singh?"

"Mr. Cameron is correct!" Singh confirmed. "When we're finished, you two can go with your father! Safe and sound!"

"And you too can live, you know, John!" He added. "If you just give me what I want! The way to El Dorado!"

"Sorry, Carlos. I can't do it!" Big John shrugged. "And you ain't gonna kill me...'cause I got the treasure!" He pointed to his head. "It's right up here!"

"John, John, John..." Singh said, shaking his head. "You know what the Guajiro king did to the slaves that mined El Dorado, John? He had them executed, so they could never reveal the secret location! And he did it here, you know, on the Stone of Solana! And I think it's important, very important, that we honor tradition!"

Ryan swiftly grabbed John B, pointing a gun at his head. Another guard mirrored the gesture.

"No..." Sarah said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"What does it say?!" Singh demanded, his eyes narrowing, seeking answers from Big John.

John B, eyes tightly shut as Ryan pressed the gun to his temple. "Tell him...Please," He begged his father.

Singh laughed sadistically. "Make your choice, John!"

"Dad, just tell him," John B pleaded, his voice shaking.

Big John remained eerily silent, showing no signs of contemplation or concern for John B; it seemed like he was just going to let him die.

"Are you fucking crazy, bitch?!" I snapped. "That's your son!"

Big John drew a deep breath, his eyes darting between John B and the menacing men. Still, he wasn't going to give up anything.

Was he seriously about to let his son get shot over some fucking treasure?

"Jesus, John. Tell him!" Ward's voice pierced the air.

The second man's finger tightened around the trigger, making an ominous click "No!" Sarah's desperate scream cut through the silence. She lunged at the man, attempting to disarm him.

"Sarah!" I yelled, gripping her arm, attempting to stop her. The struggle lasted only a moment before the man knocked my sister to the ground, pulling me down with her. He aimed his gun at us.