𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐔𝐩

"Sarah!" I woke up to John B, not so quietly, whispering.

"Hm?" My sister answered.

"Do you wanna get married?"

She smirked. "No,"

"Well, how come?"

"You don't have any prospects,"

He shrugged. "You don't have any prospects either...well, anymore,"

"Ouch," She chuckled.

"Reject his proposal later!" I groaned, throwing a pillow at them. "I'm trying to sleep!"

I had been sleeping on a single bed in the room while John B and Sarah shared the double.

The only problem was how small the room was.

Only because John B wouldn't stay fucking quiet.

"Booker, tell me why you can hide out from cops and stay quiet as a mouse, but the second I'm trying to sleep, you can't whisper quietly enough for me to not hear you!" I said.

He shrugged. "Maybe I'm doing it on purpose,"

"Oh, fuck off," I muttered, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

We eventually got up and got ourselves looking as presentable as possible.

I combed my hands through my hair, trying to get as many knots out as I could.

It didn't have to be perfect, I just wanted to keep it from getting matted.

"What are y'all doing?" I asked, looking over John B's and Sarah's shoulders.

John B held the gold up for me to see. "Just looking,"

"I still can't believe you were able to get that back," I told him.

"It wasn't easy-"

"John B, someone's coming," Sarah cut him off.

He quickly shoved the gold in his backpack, zipping it just in time.

"Morning, y'all. Coming up to port," Terrence said, pushing open the door. "Best not be onboard without a passport, if you know what I'm saying,"

John B nodded. "Yeah, I hear you,"

"You guys can go on my bridge," Terrence told us.

He showed us the way, opening the door and allowing us to climb up.

"Hey, I really appreciate you, Captain," John B expressed.

My sister nodded. "Yeah, thank you,"

"So much," I added. "Like, seriously,"

Not even acknowledging our gratefulness, he simply told us to stay where we were, then shut the door.

"That was weird," I mumbled.

Sarah shrugged. "Probably just trying to get us up here before we get to port,"

"Yeah...right," I replied.

Something still didn't feel right about it, but I brushed it off as anxiety. I mean, it was completely understandable to be anxious given our situation.

"What?!" John B exclaimed, looking out the window. "I've never been to a foreign country before!"

"Welcome to Nassau," Sarah smiled.

"Wow...it's beautiful,"

"Right?" I agreed. "I don't think I'll ever get over it,"

My sister grabbed John B's hand and pointed out a house that was very familiar to both of us.