𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐝, 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

Kiara had parked the car in some brush on the side of the road, making it nearly invisible from view. Police cars with blaring sirens occasionally sped past, causing us to tense until we were sure they were gone.

"Still no arrest in the shooting death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin," A man said over the radio. "The state police have stated a local person of interest, a juvenile from-"

Kie leaned forward and clicked off the radio.

"Let's game this out," JJ spoke. "Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all but...who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?

"The accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused is John B...who is pretty much a homeless sixteen-year-old boy at the moment," He pointed out.

John B sighed. "Thanks,"

"Okay, man, Yucatan, alright?" JJ continued. "I'm saying, that's the only option! I mean, what other option do you have?"

"JJ, enough with the Mexico bullshit," John B huffed. "Sarah and Aspyn are gonna bail me out,"

"They did witness the whole thing," Kie pointed out.

I shook my head. "No,"

"No?" John B asked, confused.

"Listen, my dad has a way of manipulating people," I explained. "Regardless of what I tell them, or what Sarah tells them, Ward will find a way to twist it around and still make John B look guilty,"

"We'll need actual evidence to convince the cops. Which we don't have right now," I continued.

"So, what does that mean?" Kie asked.

"It means that John B needs to get the hell off of this island until we get the proof we need,"

"The ferry!" Pope blurted. "It's the only way,"

JJ nodded in agreement. "Exit stage left while you still can, okay? Before the entire island is on lockdown,"

"It's either that or Booker going to jail until we get the proof," I said.

"Yeah," JJ agreed, turning to John B. "You can't stay here, man,"

-

Pope pulled the car to a stop by the docks, getting out to check the ferry schedule.

"Just stay down and you'll be fine," I told John B, who had his seat leaning back.

After only a few moments, Pope made his way back to the car, a paper in his hand. He looked more agitated than usual.

"So, um...okay, bad news," He sighed, getting back into the driver's seat. "The ferry's closed, and there's this..."

He handed the piece of paper to Kiara, whose eyes widened as she read it

"What?" John B asked as she passed it to JJ. "What is that?!"

"Well, John B..." JJ began. "This is a good framer of you,"

He turned the paper to John B and I, allowing us to see what it was.

I put my head in my hands. It was a wanted poster with a 25k reward to anyone who could find John B.

"Okay, so, the whole island is looking for John B right now..." Pope stated.

I rubbed my temple. "Thanks for clearing that up,"

"Congratulations, John B. You're now famous," JJ said, handing the paper over to him.

"Not the time, Maybank," I sighed.