𝐂𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚

We continued to look around the room, amazed by the paintings on the wall. A map of the entire island was right there under the wallpaper the entire time.

"These are all his drawings," Pope pointed out. "He painted the entire room,"

"The question is why? What is he trying to tell us?" Kie asked.

I placed my hand on the wall, gently tracing over the intricate lines with my fingers. It was an incredible sight.

"It's gotta have something to do with the key, right?" JJ responded.

I nodded. "For sure. We just need to figure out where it comes into play,"

John B stepped beside Sarah. "How did you know to uncover this?"

"I didn't," My sister shrugged. "It was like this when I got home,"

I furrowed my brows. "What? Who did it then?"

"The freaks,"

We all jumped at the sound of Wheezie's voice, spinning around to look at her.

"Wheeze!" Sarah smiled.

I put a hand over my heart, catching my breath from just being startled.

JJ approached my little sister. "What freaks are we talking about, Wheeze?"

"Uh...that sick lady and her attack dog," She replied. "They showed up last night and they wanted to talk to Rafe,"

My stomach dropped. Renfield and Limbrey.

"Wheezie, if they ever come here again stay away from them. You hear me?" I said firmly.

"What? Why?"

I stepped out from where I was standing since my leg was covered from her view. Her eyes widened when she saw the bandages that covered almost my entire thigh.

"They did this to me. I got shot with an arrow just because they wanted a key," I told her. "So, please, stay away from them, I'm begging you,"

She nodded, a bit taken aback. "Yeah...yeah, of course,"

"Wait, so, it was a pale blonde lady?" JJ asked, just for clarification.

"She had crutches?" Kie added.

Wheezie nodded. "Uh-huh,"

"Then yeah, stay away from them," Kiara agreed.

"Okay, well, what happened?" John B asked my little sister.

"First, they searched the whole house looking for something, and then Rafe told me to go upstairs, but I didn't want to miss out, so I listened through the grate," Wheezie said. "I heard them saying that they 'found it' and then the lady started telling Rafe to peel off the wallpaper,"

"Oh! And they were talking about getting across the sand flamingo," She added.

"Baby, the cross," I muttered.

"The cross?" Pope asked my sister. "The Cross of Santo Domingo,"

She nodded. "Yeah! That's it!

"And they were talking about, like...angels," She hesitated, trying to remember. "There was a lot of angel talk. I don't know,"

"He buried the real treasure at the foot of the angel!" I blurted. "Denmark's last words!"

"They're looking for an angel!" Pope told us. "We have to find an angel in the room! Spread out!"

The six of us began frantically searching while Wheezie stood confused in the middle of it all.

"What's going on?" She asked, amidst everyone talking over each other. "Are you guys gonna tell me?"