𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
this chapter contains mention of suicidal thoughts. if you don't feel comfortable reading that material, there will be stop signs (🛑) to indicate where to stop reading, and then green check marks () to indicate when it's okay to continue.

i'm always available to talk if you need to.
love you guys❤️❤️
————————————————————————

Rafe and I approached Barry, Topper trailing behind us. I wasn't sure why he had followed us, but I didn't really give a shit.

Rafe grabbed Barry and gently steered him away from the club entrance. "Hey, what are you doing, man? You good?"

"No, I ain't good, man!" Barry shot.

He lunged forward and grabbed my shirt, yanking me toward him. "You wanna tell 'em why, Aspyn?"

"What the fuck did you do?!" My brother asked.

"I'll tell you what she did," Barry said. "Aspyn, Sarah, and their little surf rat friends stole 25K outta my house!"

"Isn't that right, A?!" He asked, letting go of my shirt and shoving me backward.

"No?!" I lied as I caught my balance from his push. "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Oh, you don't?!" He yelled, closing in on me.

I backed away as he continued to approach me. "Dude, chill..."

"No! I won't chill!" He yelled. "I want my money!"

"BARRY!" I screamed, seeing him swing on me.

Thankfully, I was able to dodge his punch.

"DUDE! STOP!" I yelled, my hands placed on his chest as I attempted to push him away.

"HEY! CHILL!" I shot, thankfully getting him to back off for a moment.

"Let's talk!" I told him. "Me and you!"

He glanced at Topper and Rafe. "You two stay put, I ain't done with y'all,"

Barry motioned for me to follow him.

We stepped aside to a place nobody could hear.

"You're lucky I don't beat the shit out of your ass right now!" He shot. "The fuck do you want?"

"Listen, when you were in the van with me, I realized the gold wasn't there," I lied. "I don't know what the hell they did with it, but it was gone,"

He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Since we couldn't get the gold then, I still needed the Pogues to trust me," I continued. "If they didn't, I wouldn't be able to get the details we need to actually get the gold,"

"So you had to do something to make them think they could trust you again?" He questioned.

I smirked. "Precisely"

"That's genius fuckin' thinking there," He chuckled. "You're smart, A, you know that?"

Smart enough to come up with a lie that quick.

I shrugged. "I've heard that a few times,"

"So, what about my money?" He asked. "Where the fuck is is?"

"I don't know. I came here to meet Rafe right after we left you," I said, continuing my lies. "What the hell those Pogues did with it is beyond me. I'm sorry dude,"

He clenched his jaw, his expression twisting with anger. "I'm gonna get those fuckin' Pogues,"

He grabbed my arm, yanking my back toward Rafe and Topper.