𝐕𝐚𝐮𝐱 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥

"Do we run?" My sister questioned.

I shook my head. "Hell no. We're gonna make him tell us where Kie is,"

With that, our plan was in action. As Jimmy approached, we spread out to different parts of the tiny house, ensuring we were hidden from his view.

He glanced down at a crab that had gotten in the house. "Dammit. I've had it with you guys,"

That was our chance. He was distracted.

John B jumped out from behind a corner, punching the man square in the jaw. He stumbled backward into Pope, who grabbed him and put him in a chokehold.

Sarah and I came out next. Jimmy had gotten out of Pope's grip and was making a break for it. I jumped in front of him, blocking his path. We wrestled back and forth for a bit, the others trying to overtake him with me but he was able to make it past.

Jimmy ran for the backdoor but JJ was there waiting, sticking out his leg and tripping him. That was it, we had him.

"Get up," JJ seethed, grabbing onto Jimmy's shirt. I helped him hoist the man off the ground and we slammed him down onto a nearby table. With JJ and I holding him still, Cleo pressed her knife against his throat.

"You guys really shouldn't be here right now," Jimmy said, out of breath and clearly a bit shaken.

"Where the hell is she?" I questioned, my grip tightening.

Cleo used her free hand to grab the collar of his shirt. "Answer her!"

He shook his head. "You really don't wanna know,"

Sarah approached, placing a glass bottle under his chin. "Talk!" She demanded. "Who took her?! Was it Ward?!"

"Ward?" He chuckled. "Who's Ward?"

"Oh, you think this is funny?!" I questioned. Keeping one hand with a firm grip on him, I released the other and snatched the bottle out of my sister's hand. With one quick snap of my wrist, I broke it against the table, sending glass shards flying.

I pressed the now jagged part of the bottle against his neck. "How about now, bitch?"

His eyes widened with fear. It wasn't cutting him but was for sure leaving some scratches. All I had to do was add a bit more pressure and he'd be bleeding out.

"You guys really don't understand who you're messing with," He panted.

My sister shrugged. "Then we'll call the cops,"

"Sure, call the cops, see how far that gets you. This guy owns the cops," He said. "He's got eyes all over the island looking for you. All of you. He's a big man, the Kingfish,"

JJ furrowed his brows. "The Kingfish?"

Pope walked over with an envelope in hand, holding it up for Jimmy to see. "What's this?"

"Hey, take your hands off my shit!" Jimmy shot, trying to push himself up. Cleo, JJ, and I instantly slammed him back down. "Shut the hell up!" I shot, adding more pressure to the bottle I had against his throat. I was drawing blood now. Not much, but it was there.

"What is it, babe?" I asked Pope as he opened the envelope. He pulled out a stack of cash, showing it to us all.

JJ clenched his jaw. "What's that, Jimmy? Is that the payoff?" He asked. "Is that the payoff for Kiara, Jimmy? Is it?!"

Pope glanced at a stamp on the envelope. "Hey, what's Vaux Hall?"

"You really don't wanna go there, man," Jimmy said. "That's the lion's den,"