𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮

We spent the rest of that night on high alert just in case Rafe or Barry were to come back.

Morning eventually came and we made our way outside to wait for Pope and Kie to return. After what went on the night prior, we realized that we had to get out of there. This time, with everyone.

We would've preferred to go right after it had happened, but Kiara and Pope had taken the Pogue and were gone all night.

It didn't take a genius to figure out what happened after they wandered off together.

I tried to ignore it. I tried to let my happiness for them overtake my disappointment.

They were my friends and I loved them, of course I would support their relationship. It was just hard given the fact I still had feelings for Pope.

God, I was such an idiot for rejecting him.

After awhile, we spotted Pope and Kie approaching the Chateau on the small boat.

Sarah, JJ, John B, and I quickly gathered our things then ran down the dock to them.

"Finally..." JJ said as they pulled up to the dock.

"Hey!" He called. "Guys, don't tie up! Stop!"

Kie furrowed her brows as we approached them. "What?"

"We're dipping,"

I nodded. "Yeah, we've gotta go,"

She looked at us confused. "What? What are you talking about?"

"We slept on the break," Pope told us. "What's up?"

"Yeah, slept. Right," JJ chuckled, climbing onto the Pogue.

I averted my gaze, looking at the ground.

The moment we saw each other an awkward tension formed between Pope, Kiara, and I. It was just a weird dynamic.

"We were up all night," JJ informed.

"Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now," Sarah said, as she and I got onto the boat, followed by John B.

Kie's eyes widened. "What?"

I nodded. "We've gotta go right now!"

"Yeah, okay, come on!"

-

We came across an area with no people, just a ton of brush, and decided to hole up there for the time being.

"If Rafe and Barry know it's only a matter of time before everyone knows," I stated.

JJ scoffed, turning to John B. "I told you. We should've just gone south, man! Why does no one ever listen!"

"I have an idea," Sarah spoke up. "With Aspyn and I back, our dad is going to have to choose between us and Rafe,"

John B sighed. "Sarah-"

"He's gonna choose us!" She interrupted.

"Just please listen," He begged. "Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah,"

"He's not gonna agree after everything that's happened," Kiara agreed.

"I mean, he might. We could at least try," I chimed in. "I don't know if it's the best way to go about things though,"

"I know it sounds crazy, but he's our dad, and I know him. I know he loves us," My sister said. "I'm just asking for two hours,"

She sighed. "You in, A?"

"Well, I'm not gonna let you do it alone," I shrugged. "I guess I'm in,"

When nobody responded, Sarah and I stood up and began to walk toward the Pogue.