𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

"Inside!" Fenton shot, shoving Kiara and I into the room. He slammed the door shut and I heard the sound of a lock clicking. "No," I whispered.

Kiara sat on the bed, burying her head into her hands. I stayed leaning against the door, the overwhelming sense of powerlessness flooding me. I hadn't felt so out of control in a long time.

"What happened?" Rafe asked.

I just shook my head, wiping the tears that fell down my cheeks. Kiara stayed silent.

"You guys are gonna have to talk to me at some point. Okay?" He said.

Kie didn't even look at him. "Do I have to remind you of everything you've done?"

"You killed Peterkin. Do you remember that?" She questioned. "And everything you've put Sarah and Aspyn through,"

"Peterkin...I was protecting my father. Okay?" He said. "I did what I had to, so don't,"

"I will admit though, what I did to Sarah and Aspyn..." He trailed off, tears filling his eyes. "What I tried to do to Sarah and Aspyn, I admit that was wrong. I know that, alright? So you don't have to remind me,"

I turned to him. "What did you just say?"

"You guys are family. I should've never touched you, you know?" He sobbed. "But, I just lose control in moments like that, and I don't know what happened. I'm trying...I'm trying to get better,"

I knew exactly what it was like to lose control. It was something I continuously struggled with. However, there was one major difference between Rafe and me. I was doing everything in my power to get better, but he very clearly wasn't.

I scoffed. "Regardless of what you say, you're obviously not trying to get better,"

"Aspyn-"

"Last time you promised that, you tried to kill me a few days later!" I reminded, starting to cry. "I wish I could believe you but I can't! You've shown me time and time again that you're a manipulative liar! I have no reason to trust you anymore, none of the Pogues do!"

"You guys may not want to trust me, but I'm your best bet," He told us, wiping his tears. "Look, I got a boat that can get us off the island, but first we gotta get out of here, and it's better if we work together,"

I sighed. He was right. Both Kiara and I knew that there was no way we'd be able to get out of this situation, not without him.

The sound of a car approaching caused us to go to the window. Pulling back the curtains, I saw Singh and several guards loading into a pickup truck.

Rafe furrowed his brows. "They're leaving?"

Kiara inhaled sharply. "They're going to find John B and your sister,"

"Shit!" I huffed, slamming my fist down onto one of the end tables.

Rafe stayed at the window, still glancing outside. "Sucks for them," It took everything in me not to punch him when he said that.

"That's good for us though," He continued. "This may be our only shot at getting out of here,"

Reluctantly, Kiara and I agreed to work with him and make a plan to escape.

-

"Here we go," I said. This was it. Possibly our only chance to leave. Nothing could go wrong, or we'd be screwed.

"Ready?" Kiara questioned.

I nodded. "Ready,"

"Ready," Rafe said.