Chapter One Hundred Twenty Eight

I wish I could say that Ba Wei had lived up to his word but he didn't

I wish I could say that Ba Wei had lived up to his word but he didn't. It had been around three hours since I got home and nothing. I wouldn't have minded that much if he just told me that he wouldn't be able to go to the pond. I mean if he wanted to do something else alone he could've said that too. Plus we have to study for both the midterms and the homework.

I had studied a little bit but my brain was already beginning to tap out. I went over the basics and completed the homework in the process and thinking about how long that took me only made me more annoyed at Ba Wei. I closed my books and sat then on the coffee table. I pulled my knees to my chest and laid my head on them.

Since when did I wait on anyone? I didn't even wait on my father like this so why am I up waiting on some guy that I happened to call my boyfriend. Sure I really liked him but what makes him any different from Han Jie Xue? As I sat there trying to answer that question I couldn't really believe I asked it. I like him. That's the answer to that question. What makes him different is that I actually like him. Why do I always compare him to those people?

I was pulled out of thought by a soft knock on the door. I got up and walked over to it and looked through the peep hole. I sighed and slowly opened the door. There in all his glory Ba Wei stood. Our eyes immediately met and as usual I couldn't read them.

"If you're here to apologize I don't need to hear it," I said coldly.

He seemed to pick up on my mood and cocked an eyebrow. Did he not think I would be slightly upset about, I don't know, waiting up all night for him to get here? Was he truly that stupid to think I would be perfectly okay with him making me waste my time.

"Ji Nan," his voice was soft but scratchy, "Can I come in or no?"

I stared at him for a few seconds and that's when I noticed them. All the soft red marks on his face. I let my eyes scan his body and they stopped on the hand he had pressed rather hard on his side. I didn't say anything and just moved to the side. What the fuck happened?

I watched as he walked in and couldn't help but notice the slight limp in it. I closed the door and just stood there. I watched as he slipped out of his shoes and walked into the kitchen.

"Ba Wei," I called.

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay," I asked making my way over to him?

He didn't answer me and just stood very still by the sink. I placed a hand on his back and was surprised to feel him slightly shivering. Alarmed I leaned forward and looked at his face. His eyes were closed and his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Ba Wei," I said a bit panicked. He opened his eyes and looked at me. "What's wrong?"

He stared at me for a few seconds, "nothing. I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me. I can clearly tell that you're not alright." I looked down at the hand that he had firmly placed on his side. "Move your hand."

"No."

He didn't even give that a second thought before he answered me so instead of asking again I just started to pry it off. To my surprise he only put up a fight the first few times I pulled on it. It seemed that with every pull I made he would loose a bit of strength. After pulling for the tenth time I finally got his hand off and I noticed a rather large patch on his uniform jacket. I reached my hand out and slightly touched the fabric only to see blood. I quickly grabbed his jacket and shirt and lifted it to see a rather nasty looking gash on his side. Fuck.

"How the hell did you get this?"

"Some guys jumped me," he said clearing his throat, "hence why I'm late."

"It's been hours Ba Wei. How many guys was it?

He pushed my hands away, "there was enough to put this wound on me."

I watched as he took off his jacket and shirt leaving that wound on full display. I was expecting him to walk and sit down but he just leaned against the counter and looked at the floor.

"Ji Nan," he called softly.

"Yeah?"

"Do me a favor and call Kang Wu."

"Huh? W-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence before his body began to fall forward. In a panic I stepped in front and caught him. The weight of him almost caused me to go down with him but thankfully I didn't.

I pulled him out of the kitchen into the living room and laid him down on the couch. I got on my knees and placed my head on his chest just to make sure. I had to be sure. He told me to call Kang Wu. How am I supposed to call that man when I don't have his phone number. I ran a hand through my hair confused when I felt something vibrate. His phone.

I slid my hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. When I cut it on I was surprised to see my face on his Lock Screen. Not only was it my face, it was my sleeping face. I'll talk to him about that later. I slid up on his phone and thankfully it opened. I went to his call log and clicked on Kang Wu. It rang a few times before the man finally picked up.

"Where the fuck have you been? You know dads going to beat you and my ass?"

I didn't know what to say, "um, Kang Wu?"

"Who's this?"

"Ji Nan. Um, can you come over-"

"Why do you have Xiao Weis phone?"

"Stop interrupting me and I will tell you," I said annoyed. "Now, can you please come to my house Ba Weis really beat up and-"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence before the line went dead. What a dick. I glanced at Ba Wei and smirked a bit. I see where he gets his attitude from. I reached out and ran a hand through his hair causing him to move slightly. I looked down at the wound on his side and got to my feet. The least I can do is clean and bandage it. I started to walk to the bathroom when I stopped and glanced back at him.

"Don't scare me like this again," I said aloud.